No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore Levi's forever, but a few years ago I switched to Wranglers that I get at Target for $19.00, good fit and they wear well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Costco and Whole Foods are my two primary shopping destinations. The $12 Jeans were just great jeans. I see them on eBay often, especially since they were discontinued long ago, here is an example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133326156171
      I never thought of looking on eBay for jeans before.

Yeah, for the price, they couldn't be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        The Old Navy stretch jeans aren't too bad - they're what I've been wearing for about a year now.

I keep looking at these fancy raw denim jeans - the ones that promise to basically last forever, but damn, some of them are $300 a pair - that seems excessive.
        Yeah, that's crazy expensive. We have a store called Kohl's that briefly opened a store to sell off old stock, remainders, etc, and I got six pairs of Lee and Levi's jeans there for $5 a pair. My old Lee jeans just gave up after 25 years of use.

Comment

Some good news from Powell's Books. After acknowledging that the current shutdown could be the end for Powell's they have had a surge in online orders. Enough to rehire 100 full time employees.
          Powells.jpg

Comment

Well, that's good for Powells Books and I'm glad they appear to be making a recovery. I've become a fan of the Mysterious Bookshop after ordering two signed books from them. I have no idea when I'll get the second order from the Mysterious Bookshop. Just now I ordered a book from an independent bookstore I'd never heard of until this week. As if I need one more unread book to add to the dozens of unread books I already have. I guess I'm an addict.

Cap
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
              Well, that's good for Powells Books and I'm glad they appear to be making a recovery. I've become a fan of the Mysterious Bookshop after ordering two signed books from them. I have no idea when I'll get the second order from the Mysterious Bookshop. Just now I ordered a book from an independent bookstore I'd never heard of until this week. As if I need one more unread book to add to the dozens of unread books I already have. I guess I'm an addict.

Cap
              I normally run out and buy King books on release day. I have, pretty much, decided to order If It Bleeds from Powell's. Part of me is still resisting because I am pretty picky about the books. I do expect to order it through them though. I have been browsing there site for other things I can add to my TBR but have not found anything yet. I am reading the comics Joe Hill is producing and the independent comic shop I buy them through is not shipping. They have curbside pickup, you call in the order, text them when they arrive and they will bring it out. I think the owner lives upstairs. I haven't done it yet but will the next time I have a need to drive over to Portland.

Comment

A couple random thoughts...

Really looking forward to If It Bleeds. I was trying to find some info on the stories, and I saw there are a couple reviews up. They sound like a lot of fun. The H. Gibney story makes me think King is trying to spin-off a new series of filmed-entertainment for HBO or other streamers. Smart move.

When do you think the first remotely-made film based on CoV-2 will be made? I'm thinking in particular about major stars making it, not necessarily real low-budget. I could see Jason Blum working on something now. I also could see a comedy...maybe Seth Rogen makes a sequel to that apocalypse comedy he made (This is the End I think was the title). Use the same cast. There must be a huge race to get CoV-2 fiction out there. I assume CD is working on an anthology as we speak...

Comment

Sounds nuts but had my wife go trade in her car today for a newer model. Same make but something newer. They were giving some screaming deals that seemed to good to pass up. She was almost out of warranty on the old car, it needed a little work, and new tires.

She now has a brand new car, new warranty, same monthly payment, nothing down, and no payments for 3 months. We had 24 payments left on the old one now we have 60 so they will get there money assuming things straighten back out.

I know people have opinions on financing a vehicle but, at least from my experience, they are all money pits. I've tried in the past paying off vehicles, maintaining them, and setting aside what my payments would have been. However both of those experiences just resulted in me dumping my "saved" money right back into the vehicle for repairs.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                    A couple random thoughts...

Really looking forward to If It Bleeds. I was trying to find some info on the stories, and I saw there are a couple reviews up. They sound like a lot of fun. The H. Gibney story makes me think King is trying to spin-off a new series of filmed-entertainment for HBO or other streamers. Smart move.

When do you think the first remotely-made film based on CoV-2 will be made? I'm thinking in particular about major stars making it, not necessarily real low-budget. I could see Jason Blum working on something now. I also could see a comedy...maybe Seth Rogen makes a sequel to that apocalypse comedy he made (This is the End I think was the title). Use the same cast. There must be a huge race to get CoV-2 fiction out there. I assume CD is working on an anthology as we speak...
                    Based on comments King has made just I think Holly Gibney is a character he enjoys exploring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Sounds nuts but had my wife go trade in her car today for a newer model. Same make but something newer. They were giving some screaming deals that seemed to good to pass up. She was almost out of warranty on the old car, it needed a little work, and new tires.

She now has a brand new car, new warranty, same monthly payment, nothing down, and no payments for 3 months. We had 24 payments left on the old one now we have 60 so they will get there money assuming things straighten back out.

I know people have opinions on financing a vehicle but, at least from my experience, they are all money pits. I've tried in the past paying off vehicles, maintaining them, and setting aside what my payments would have been. However both of those experiences just resulted in me dumping my "saved" money right back into the vehicle for repairs.
                      I think this is a really good time to buy a car. I paid cash for my last car and will probably not do that again. I will have a large down payment but will finance a portion of the purchase.

Comment

So watching PBS Newshour tonight. Political reporter Amy Walter reporting from home about the Covid-19 pandemic had a bookshelf directly behind her. The Stand is prominently displayed right by her head surrounded by books about politics. There is no way this was just a coincidence.

Comment

That is great. I'm sure you are correct that the book placement wasn't by accident.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          So watching PBS Newshour tonight. Political reporter Amy Walter reporting from home about the Covid-19 pandemic had a bookshelf directly behind her. The Stand is prominently displayed right by her head surrounded by books about politics. There is no way this was just a coincidence.

Comment

It took five stores, but I bagged my limit at Lidl today!
                            Bagged my Limit.jpg

Comment

Congrats. I actually passed on TP today and felt weird about it.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              It took five stores, but I bagged my limit at Lidl today!

Comment

Ughh. Going from old car to new car and then a swift kick in the nads. Wife had a contract cancelled today, due to the virus, which made up 50% of her income.

I also had two contracts voided at work due to the virus. Luckily we have a few more projects that just started however the backlog was predominantly wiped out. Currently have more salaried folks on staff then hourly folks and I expect that to change very soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X