Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3597

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Thanks again. And it hasn't gone to a lawsuit. I should be done in my dealings with ServPro shortly. Hopefully this week.
    I sincerely hope the fact you have pulled the blog posts is indicative of a satisfactory conclusion to this mess!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I sincerely hope the fact you have pulled the blog posts is indicative of a satisfactory conclusion to this mess!
    Thanks for the well wishes and the support!

Removing the posts is a good faith measure on my part to get a conclusion to the mess. Satisfactory left the country months ago and was last spotted bleeding out in a Turkish alley. So I have no expectations of enjoying the conclusion. It's remarkable to me how much these guys were able to get away with.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I don't remember what thread it's on over at TDT.org but srboome (Terry) had a company that screwed with him as well. He ended renting a billboard and driving around with a big ass sign in his truck bed. I hope you never have to escalate to that point.

Thanks for the well wishes and the support!

Removing the posts is a good faith measure on my part to get a conclusion to the mess. Satisfactory left the country months ago and was last spotted bleeding out in a Turkish alley. So I have no expectations of enjoying the conclusion. It's remarkable to me how much these guys were able to get away with.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I don't remember what thread it's on over at TDT.org but srboome (Terry) had a company that screwed with him as well. He ended renting a billboard and driving around with a big ass sign in his truck bed. I hope you never have to escalate to that point.
    I was almost at that point. I did all my posting on digital media and it actually forced a resolution. I got better results than hiring a lawyer. Though I probably should have hired a better lawyer.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Is that possible?

Though I probably should have hired a better lawyer.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Is that possible?
    An oxymoron.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    It's too Dang hot to do anything outside. Perfect excuse to play in the shelves!!
    Shelves.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    It's too Dang hot to do anything outside. Perfect excuse to play in the shelves!!
    Shelves.jpg
    Lots of Centipede goodness in that pic! :-)

Thanks Ron! I'm trying to get them all together, got a ways to go lol!!

Thanks Ron! I'm trying to get them all together, got a ways to go lol!!
    One of these days I need to get the Sub Press S/L HC of THE MARTIAN...I have the UK S/L HC, which I think came before the Sub Press edition and thus making it the true first S/L HC of the book and thus arguably preferable. But that said, I also have the S/L Sub Press edition of ARTEMIS, and the collector in me kinda wants the matching look of the two Sub Press books. So far I've been able to resist buying the Sub Press edition to replace mine. I posted a Want to Trade ad over at TDT.org in the Weir thread, but didn't have any takers.

R.e. your Centipede titles: I continue to wonder if I made the right decision in passing on the Nolan MoTW volume ("But I already have every one of his collections, so presumably it'd be all reprints," I reasoned...same reasoning I used in the Leiber MoTW set) and the Blackburn novels (cool series, but I've tried him twice and just can't get into his work, for some odd reason...you'd think macabre mysteries would be right up my alley). I find myself kicking myself more often these days for passing on both. Btw, I'm curious: What is the book on the immediate left of the lower-shelf stack? I don't immediately recognize the spine...

Ron, it's Fritz Leiber Masters of Science Fiction. I kick myself at times as well, however I'm glad I got the Nolan because of his connection with the Group and Bradbury. I had picked up Like a Dead Man Walking earlier, but I followed up with the MoTW volume as well.

Ron, it's Fritz Leiber Masters of Science Fiction.
    Odd, mine doesn't look like that at all. You have some sort of yellow cloud obscuring most of the upper half of the spine, and my edition doesn't have anything like that on the spine. I wonder if Jerad had two version of djs or...?

leiber.jpg

My bad Ron, I'll double check when I get home and let you know, I misread what you sent.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Shelves.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Odd, mine doesn't look like that at all. You have some sort of yellow cloud obscuring most of the upper half of the spine, and my edition doesn't have anything like that on the spine. I wonder if Jerad had two version of djs or...?

leiber.jpg
    Here is my requisite post clearly stating my envy of both of your Centipede books. I am still kicking myself for not picking up the Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale and Masters of Science Fiction books. Now they tend to show up on the aftermarket at prices that are a little too high. The MotWT might be a little easier to swallow at the higher price points, but the MoSF book has been breaking $200 which is a little steep since I'm not a huge SF fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Here is my requisite post clearly stating my envy of both of your Centipede books. I am still kicking myself for not picking up the Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale and Masters of Science Fiction books. Now they tend to show up on the aftermarket at prices that are a little too high. The MotWT might be a little easier to swallow at the higher price points, but the MoSF book has been breaking $200 which is a little steep since I'm not a huge SF fan.
    It took a lot of inner debate and handwringing to decide to pass on the MoTW Leiber volume. I doublechecked the ToC of those volumes against what I already have, and just couldn't justify the expense for a bunch of stories I largely (all?) already had. That said, I still lament that I don't have it on my shelf...the pics I saw of it attest to its quality and beauty, and I'd love to have it as a testament to an author I enjoy.

OK Ron, That book is The Drive-In Joe Lansdale!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
    Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Well, I learned tonight there is a new low in the King's Way Press debacle. Maybe fiasco is a better word? Guess who is now answering questions for Zach Powell? Paul Little! Nuff said on that score. Zach Powell did send me 1 or 2 free books. I am now firmly convinced I'll never see Poker Night or Silver/Solomon's Seal in my hands. If I do get the books, I might just faint. I've actually been considering taking the 3 or 4 King's Way Press titles I have and donating them at a thrift shop or a library.
    Hey Dan-If this starts a bout of nastyness here so sorry and feel free to delete my post. Needed to speak my mind tonight.

Cap
    I am not even getting my question answered.

He who will not be named.....LOL!!

OK Ron, That book is The Drive-In Joe Lansdale!
    I looked at my copy of Centipede's THE DRIVE-IN and, thought, wait, that's still not right, mine doesn't look quite like that...until I noticed that yours is upside-down!