No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the original Simon and Garfunkel tune, and this video of "The Sound of Silence" covered by Disturbed is brilliant and devastating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

There is an entire novel in this shot alone:

Sound of Silence.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

That's a great cover. That's for posting.

Comment

Have always like their music. Good stuff.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Random Whine...I see folks are getting copies of 4 Halloweens and know it's nobody's fault at CD or on this Forum, but fot God's sake I live in Richmond VA, not Richmond CA, why does it take forever to my books. I get stuff from CO, like BAm! LOL. As I said, random whine!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Random Whine...I see folks are getting copies of 4 Halloweens and know it's nobody's fault at CD or on this Forum, but fot God's sake I live in Richmond VA, not Richmond CA, why does it take forever to my books. I get stuff from CO, like BAm! LOL. As I said, random whine!
              These things don't ship all at once. They also ship roughly in the order that they where ordered in. So someone from California could ship a couple days before someone in Virginia depending on where those orders fell in the shipping queue. The other thing is USPS picks up fairly irregularly anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week (occasionally only one time) where if you paid for UPS, UPS picks up every day.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                These things don't ship all at once. They also ship roughly in the order that they where ordered in. So someone from California could ship a couple days before someone in Virginia depending on where those orders fell in the shipping queue. The other thing is USPS picks up fairly irregularly anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week (occasionally only one time) where if you paid for UPS, UPS picks up every day.
                Interesting. That explains the gap with the shipping notice and the actually tracking information.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Interesting. That explains the gap with the shipping notice and the actually tracking information.
                  Yep. I'd love for them to pick up every day, but I'm happy they even pick up at all, since they don't have to. It's separate arrangement we have with out local post office.

Instagram

Comment

Yep. I'd love for them to pick up every day, but I'm happy they even pick up at all, since they don't have to. It's separate arrangement we have with out local post office.
                    OK, Random Whine satisfied lol!!

Comment

My 4 Halloween's looks like it was actually picked up yesterday (10th), and got another shipping notice today - hopefully it leaves today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                        My 4 Halloween's looks like it was actually picked up yesterday (10th), and got another shipping notice today - hopefully it leaves today or tomorrow.
                        Four Halloweens (with the exception of the lettered editions) should all be out the door now. I think the last of them left yesterday.

Instagram

Comment

The other thing is USPS picks up fairly irregularly anywhere from 2 to 3 times a week (occasionally only one time) where if you paid for UPS, UPS picks up every day.
                          Usually get what ya pay for......

Comment

How safe are the shipping bubble wrap bags to store books in for long periods of time?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                              How safe are the shipping bubble wrap bags to store books in for long periods of time?
                              Not really an answer to your question, Tommy but hopefully pretty safe as I have some stored this way waiting on slipcases before I shelf them. I'd think the environment in which they are stored inside of the bubble wrap might be a greater factor, i.e. extreme temp changes, etc. And maybe they shouldn't be stacked on top of one another?? You'll get much better advise soon I'm sure.

Comment

If you are of a certain age, the name Beverly Clearly probably summons the spirit of nostalgia. Henry Huggins was one of my first “chapter” books. It was followed quickly by the others in the series, special favorites were Henry and Ribsy, Henry and The Paper Route. Mrs Cleary will be turning 100 next month, so I just wanted to say thanks and early Happy Birthday!

Comment

Working...
                                X