No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted one business before the CV19 s--t hit the proverbial fan and grew up big time like a Power Rangers villain. I was supposed to get some free refills, that was in the last communication. Since nothing has shown up yet I'm guessing these people were overwhelmed or just forgot. Oh well...

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      That happens me all the time. I track my Fedex packages and watch as they head up to Central NJ before coming back down to me. If the driver could just chuck it out the window as he drove by on the Turnpike, I could have everything a day earlier

The furthest astray anything has gone for me was a birthday card to my Mom. Instead of sending it to Dublin, Ireland, they sent it to Dublin, Ohio. After a long vacation where it gained many stamps to mark its journey, it got to her a few months late.
      Packages often travel Seattle to Portland then to me in Vancouver so I am used to them passing me while in transit. This one has now gone Seattle to Albuquerque sto Denver to Seattle and now to Portland. So it has no gone by me three times.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        My wife's car will be paid off in 10 months and we will not be getting another one. She doesn't work so the mileage is minimal that she puts on it each year. My truck will be paid off in two years and I'm thinking I'll gladly pay the upkeep on it. We are thinking of getting a motorcycle at some point after that. Although, I'd really like a Camaro ZL1
        Before our move to Colorado, we traded in two cars (and old Kia Rio and a newer Mazda 3) and got a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee. The idea was I needed something that would be good for the Colorado winters, handle whatever hiking trails I had to get to, be reliable enough to go from Washington to Colorado back to Washington and back to Colorado, and be able to tow a big Uhaul trailer.

And while the Jeep does this, I hate the $886.15 payment I make every month. I really wish we had leased it because we don't drive it much at all. Even with those trips between Washington and Colorado (which we have no plans to ever drive that again - I never want to be in a car that long ever) we've only put 12,000 miles on it in almost 14 months.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Before our move to Colorado, we traded in two cars (and old Kia Rio and a newer Mazda 3) and got a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee. The idea was I needed something that would be good for the Colorado winters, handle whatever hiking trails I had to get to, be reliable enough to go from Washington to Colorado back to Washington and back to Colorado, and be able to tow a big Uhaul trailer.

And while the Jeep does this, I hate the $886.15 payment I make every month. I really wish we had leased it because we don't drive it much at all. Even with those trips between Washington and Colorado (which we have no plans to ever drive that again - I never want to be in a car that long ever) we've only put 12,000 miles on it in almost 14 months.
          It drove me to my first Hill signing so it has a special place in my heart . Probably wouldn't in the pocketbook so much. Ouch!

Comment

I haven't made a car payment since 2005 but that seams like a very steep payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I haven't made a car payment since 2005 but that seams like a very steep payment.
              I wanna live in that world.

Comment

I wanna live in that world.
                There are a couple of factors. We bought my wife's car in 2001 and financed it. That was paid off in 2005. I bought my car in 2007 and paid cash so no payments. My wife does not drive much and is actually not driving at all currently so that car has a little over 100,000 miles. It has a lot of life left and she really loves that car so I do not see it leaving anytime soon. I drive mine much more but I also drive my cars into the ground. I am nearing 200,000 miles but the car burned oil from early on. Finally at 150,000 miles Toyota agreed that it was their issue and rebuilt the engine. So my car has a lot of life left in it as well. I figure we will probably be able to get at least 5 more years out of my car.

Comment

Since I started working from home, I don't put many miles on my car. I bought it used in December 2017, and at this rate I'll have it until I retire.

2020_mileage.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    Since I started working from home, I don't put many miles on my car. I bought it used in December 2017, and at this rate I'll have it until I retire.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22104[/ATTACH]
                    I can't say the same. I have probably driven less since the first of the year but for a while was making daily trips to hospitals. I am just now down to fewer trips and hope to keep it that way.

Comment

It drove me to my first Hill signing so it has a special place in my heart . Probably wouldn't in the pocketbook so much. Ouch!
                      It'll always have a special place in our wives' hearts two - the day of meeting internet strangers and getting into their car.

Comment

It was a pricey car. Plus all the damn extras, and not to mention Tacoma's sweet 10.4% sales tax and $800 licensing fees. I tried to not pay it since it would only be in Washington 14ish days before I left the state, but noooooo.

It didn't seem too expensive when I bought it - but that was also before signing a lease for an apartment and dealing with state income tax for the first time in 20 years.

Comment

It'll always have a special place in our wives' hearts two - the day of meeting internet strangers and getting into their car.
                          There are no strangers on the internet. Nothing but wholesome and safe folks. Has to be true, I read it on the internet!

Comment

It was a pricey car. Plus all the damn extras, and not to mention Tacoma's sweet 10.4% sales tax and $800 licensing fees. I tried to not pay it since it would only be in Washington 14ish days before I left the state, but noooooo.

It didn't seem too expensive when I bought it - but that was also before signing a lease for an apartment and dealing with state income tax for the first time in 20 years.
                            Even though I live in Washington I do work in Oregon so I get to pay the Washington Sales tax and the Oregon Income tax. I have actually only been into my office about three times since the first of the year. Next year when I file my taxes I will get all the taxes I paid on days not worked in Oregon back. My state tax refund neft year will be much larger.

Comment

And I never once thought twice about it LOL!

Comment

There are no strangers on the internet. Nothing but wholesome and safe folks. Has to be true, I read it on the internet!
                                When Jason and Katie didn't show up in a panel van, I knew we were good

Comment

Working...
                                X