No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Dan. Seems like a money grab. Love the band and music but really? I just want the music and I would prefer it in compact disc.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Apparently it's a problem. Demand is too high or something. Here's an article about it.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2019/08/1...o-be-sold-out/
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Thanks, Dan. Seems like a money grab. Love the band and music but really? I just want the music and I would prefer it in compact disc.
      Ehh maybe, but I think it's more that the demand is way higher than anyone expected. Tool never really seemed like the type to really care all that much about the money.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

You may be right. I was really commenting on the description of the CD. Seemed like a major production.

You are right though in regards to the history of the band. They really haven't appeared to be about the money.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Ehh maybe, but I think it's more that the demand is way higher than anyone expected. Tool never really seemed like the type to really care all that much about the money.

Comment

I was just reading that same article. What I first noticed and questioned is the fact the CD has a video screen complete with speakers. What in the world?

So maybe the price isn’t that high since it sounds like the MSRP would be higher than normal anyway.

Still the thought of a physical CD being sold out in today’s music environment is pretty cool.

Comment

I agree. It is pretty cool.

I'm just pissed that I don't already have a copy on order.

Big fan of the band for the better part of my life.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I was just reading that same article. What I first noticed and questioned is the fact the CD has a video screen complete with speakers. What in the world?

So maybe the price isn’t that high since it sounds like the MSRP would be higher than normal anyway.

Still the thought of a physical CD being sold out in today’s music environment is pretty cool.

Comment

I agree. It is pretty cool.

I'm just pissed that I don't already have a copy on order.

Big fan of the band for the better part of my life.
              In your defense, it has been what, 13 years since an album came out? You probably just forgot.

Comment

Be safe to anyone near the impact of Hurricane Dorian.

Comment

It seems like I cannot pre-order the new CD from Tool without a massive second hand up-sale. Anyone have an idea...Am I missing something?
                  I don't know if you saw this, but they just made "a small additional quantity" available. The price is $45.98 plus $10.00 shipping.

https://store.toolband.com/collectio...hUaam91PRWlDj4

Comment

Thanks! Bad timing for me but I do appreciate the thought.

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                    I don't know if you saw this, but they just made "a small additional quantity" available. The price is $45.98 plus $10.00 shipping.

https://store.toolband.com/collectio...hUaam91PRWlDj4

Comment

Hey Dan & Co, any chance Y'all might consider re-doing Alan Ryan's Dead White??

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Hey Dan & Co, any chance Y'all might consider re-doing Alan Ryan's Dead White??
                        I will second this request and add CAST A COLD EYE on to that list, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I will second this request and add CAST A COLD EYE on to that list, please!
                          The People have spoken LOL!!!

Comment

CJ Tudor, Bentley Little, and Tom Deady walk into a bar . . . and I have no idea how the rest of the joke goes because I leave that bar and vow never to return as I get drunk at home.

Comment

ALSO I am in a particularly salty mood because I was inspecting my Grant AGE of Little Sisters of Eluria and the book is falling apart! The spine is actually concave and the book doesn't open properly. I swear I only have these problems with my Grant editions. My Wind Through the Keyhole binding is detached from the spine and my Black House page block is detached from the tail band. These books are falling to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                ALSO I am in a particularly salty mood because I was inspecting my Grant AGE of Little Sisters of Eluria and the book is falling apart! The spine is actually concave and the book doesn't open properly. I swear I only have these problems with my Grant editions. My Wind Through the Keyhole binding is detached from the spine and my Black House page block is detached from the tail band. These books are falling to pieces.
                                I have heard that about Grant books many times.

Comment

Working...
                                X