Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 3,001 to 3,003 of 3003

Thread: Random thoughts...

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    So it's no secret that I typically prefer audio books. I've finally run into something I don't like about them, or at least how this particular publisher handled this one. I'm listening to a 5 book series and am on book four currently. I'm also on the 3rd different narrator of the series and none of them pronounce the names and places the same. It's really really annoying.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    So it's no secret that I typically prefer audio books. I've finally run into something I don't like about them, or at least how this particular publisher handled this one. I'm listening to a 5 book series and am on book four currently. I'm also on the 3rd different narrator of the series and none of them pronounce the names and places the same. It's really really annoying.
    I just had a similar experience. Listening the John Scalzi's Old Man's War series. The main part of the series is all narrated by the same person and he is doing great. Then there is a book that is told from the point of view from another character. They use a different person for that book which makes sense, all is good. The new narrator pronounces her own name differently. It completely distracts me!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Yes, continuity of narrators is important. I am currently listening to Simon Prebble narrate McCammon's The Hunter From The Woods. He also narrated The Wolf's Hour. Somehow this helps me immerse myself better than when narrator's cahnge from book to book. My wife listens to more series than I do, and she HATES it when there is a different narrator.