Page 191 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 3917

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Well some good news for myself and my wife. Both my full time job and part time job are listed as essential so even though New York is shut down I still have work to go to. I just now have to carry a note from my employers that states my job is essential and it's okay for me to be on the roads. What strange times we live in.
    I was essential personnel in my previous position here. As a lead night auditor I ran the nightly computer maintenance and made sure the day was ended/rolled. I left night audit mainly due to frustration dealing with being a day sleeper.

~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Hey, they're offering a discount of $55,000... How can you say no to that, right??

Brian
    I was just pressing the buy now button when I saw someone had written in it! Eeewwwww! Forget it now.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Well some good news for myself and my wife. Both my full time job and part time job are listed as essential so even though New York is shut down I still have work to go to. I just now have to carry a note from my employers that states my job is essential and it's okay for me to be on the roads. What strange times we live in.
    Due to a family situation I have been working from home since early January. Last week I had to call into a meeting from home to be told to pack up and begin working from home until at least mid April. My office is not technically closed as some are not able to work from home for a variety of reasons. We are to go in only if we have something we are not able to do from home.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Me as well and I'm so grateful to be gainfully employed during all this. I feel for the ones who aren't as fortunate.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Guys. I'd like to officially welcome Ralph Mulleins (user name "mulleins") to our little corner of the world. I first met Ralph on the TDT forums, have had several successful transactions with him, and he's one of the most friendly and patient gentleman you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting.

Let's give him a big ol' CD welcome!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Welcome, Sir.

I can vouch for the fact that he is a great guy and I have also had good transactions with him. He is considerate and great at packaging up books to ship. Masterful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Guys. I'd like to officially welcome Ralph Mulleins (user name "mulleins") to our little corner of the world. I first met Ralph on the TDT forums, have had several successful transactions with him, and he's one of the most friendly and patient gentleman you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting.

Let's give him a big ol' CD welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I hope to be a great asset to the CD forums. I've been collecting King since 1980 (yep, giving my age away). My favorite book is The Shining. I have a custom built walk in closet known to the collecting world as Room 217 (The Closet). When I get an opportunity, I will create a Collections thread and share pictures.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to becoming part of this family.

Mulleins
    I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Due to a family situation I have been working from home since early January. Last week I had to call into a meeting from home to be told to pack up and begin working from home until at least mid April. My office is not technically closed as some are not able to work from home for a variety of reasons. We are to go in only if we have something we are not able to do from home.
    I'm working from home until at least mid-April. I'm thrilled to have the luxury of being able to do so. All my business travel has been cancelled as well. I usually go somewhere at least 6-8 times a year. If any of you have seen my latest unboxing video, then you've seen my new office.

I wish everyone here health and prosperity. Stay safe, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I hope to be a great asset to the CD forums. I've been collecting King since 1980 (yep, giving my age away). My favorite book is The Shining. I have a custom built walk in closet known to the collecting world as Room 217 (The Closet). When I get an opportunity, I will create a Collections thread and share pictures.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to becoming part of this family.

Mulleins
    Welcome! I apologize in advance for the stupid things I'll likely say.

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar

Mulleins
    Welcome, Ralph! I am looking forward to your contributions and the photos of Room 217! We're glad you joined us!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar

Mulleins
    Welcome to this quiet little corner of the web. Looking forward to seeing your collection!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'm working from home until at least mid-April. I'm thrilled to have the luxury of being able to do so. All my business travel has been cancelled as well. I usually go somewhere at least 6-8 times a year. If any of you have seen my latest unboxing video, then you've seen my new office.

I wish everyone here health and prosperity. Stay safe, my friends.
    The Cigargoyle lounge now office space. That is just wrong, at least return Pennywise to his rightful home!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The Cigargoyle lounge now office space. That is just wrong, at least return Pennywise to his rightful home!
    I do need to decorate

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Just came on the thread. Hope everyone is well (and welcome to the new member!).

Didn't read through all the messages, and this may have already been brought up, but I was curious what people think the fictional landscape will be post this crisis (whenever post really is...I think until we have an effective vaccine we won't be post anything, even if certain restrictions are eliminated, so that might be up to two years). I have to presume, especially with people staying inside, that many authors are right now writing short stories (at the very least) using SARS-CoV-2 as the topic (I know I did, and it looks like it may be published, but that might certainly fall through as well; I'm sure many here have been through that scenario).

Are any of the usual CD suspects composing stories, maybe Mr. Chizmar? I was also thinking, with the Quibi service, that short scripts might be useful in the marketplace as well.

Would love to see King, certainly, surprise us with a take...

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I had been going into the office every day (it's a mile away, I'm more productive there than home, the gym at work is still open) but I left after about 2 hours this morning, and am now a full-time work from home guy. And I already hate it.

But I am fortunate to have a relatively safe job which takes that stress off our hands. My wife can't work (Nordstrom is closed) and they're not paying her (even though they are saying they're paying all employees but in reality they're not.)

And not to make this a country western song, my little black dog (she's a lab) passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, so it's been kind of a shit month.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I had been going into the office every day (it's a mile away, I'm more productive there than home, the gym at work is still open) but I left after about 2 hours this morning, and am now a full-time work from home guy. And I already hate it.

But I am fortunate to have a relatively safe job which takes that stress off our hands. My wife can't work (Nordstrom is closed) and they're not paying her (even though they are saying they're paying all employees but in reality they're not.)

And not to make this a country western song, my little black dog (she's a lab) passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, so it's been kind of a shit month.
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully better days are in your near future.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Sorry about your dog!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    My condolences on the passing of your dog, Tacoma. And of course on the other stuff. Hopefully there will be pressure on employers to step up, but I can definitely see a retail company such as Nordstrom pulling a move like that. Hopefully that resolves itself, best of luck...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Adding my condolences on your dog, TD. A perpetual dog-owner myself, I know how tough that is

I'm so sorry, Jason. Such a rotten time to have this loss heaped on you. Better days are ahead.