Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Let me know if you need assistance!
    Thanks for the offer to help. Just sent you a PM.

Comment

Went to a local library book sale this past weekend. I normally strike out on these ventures. Beyond King and Koontz, it's often hard to find any horror or dark fiction among the plethora of James Patterson books and romance novels that seem to populate these sales whenever I go. However, I did get kinda lucky this time. While not horror, I did score a very nice looking paperback of Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Crosby that I've been meaning to pick up. So it was win with just that one book. I also grabbed a hardcover of Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven, which I had heard good things about when it was released and then it promptly left my mind. Also grabbed Demon Seed by the aforementioned Koontz, The Ox-Bow Incident, and a collection of three novels by Zane Grey, whom I've never read, but I figured it was for a good cause so why not. Not a bad haul, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Went to a local library book sale this past weekend. I normally strike out on these ventures. Beyond King and Koontz, it's often hard to find any horror or dark fiction among the plethora of James Patterson books and romance novels that seem to populate these sales whenever I go. However, I did get kinda lucky this time. While not horror, I did score a very nice looking paperback of Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Crosby that I've been meaning to pick up. So it was win with just that one book. I also grabbed a hardcover of Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven, which I had heard good things about when it was released and then it promptly left my mind. Also grabbed Demon Seed by the aforementioned Koontz, The Ox-Bow Incident, and a collection of three novels by Zane Grey, whom I've never read, but I figured it was for a good cause so why not. Not a bad haul, I think.
        How fun! I used to go to the annual VNSA book sale in Phoenix but haven't been in the last few years. The lines and wait to get in just got too long for me. Glad you found something to make your trip worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

How fun! I used to go to the annual VNSA book sale in Phoenix but haven't been in the last few years. The lines and wait to get in just got too long for me. Glad you found something to make your trip worth it!
          Thanks! And I live in a pretty small town so there are definitely no lines, which makes it a very calm way to spend an hour or two on a lazy Saturday.

Comment

Hi All,

Random question, but did anyone order "The Complete John the Balladeer" from Haffner Press? If so, have you received your copy or any sort of update as to when it may be shipped? I saw their last newsletter update in December which stated that the books were in-hand and would be shipping in a first-in/first-out order basis. I placed my order fairly early (May 2021) and would have assumed that I would have a shipping notice by now. Normally, I would just email and ask for an update; however, Haffner stated in that same newsletter that "Unsolicited inquiries regarding order status are not recommended. Your place in line is secure, but not sacred." Because of that, I'm a bit worried about contacting them as I don't want my copy delayed even further, and I also don't have Facebook to contact them online. This was my first ever order with Haffner, and I can't lie, I will never pre-order a book from them again. To me, at least in terms of this book, their level of contact/customer service has been beyond subpar, and being passive-aggressive toward people who want to follow-up on a years old pre-order via email completely sucks. If anyone has received their copy or a shipping notice, please let me know as that might at least dictate whether I should roll the dice and email Haffner to check on the status of mine. Thanks!!!

Comment

I did not however I did check out their FB and it doesn't appears there has been any updates since December. They did reply to a few comments around 4-5 weeks ago. I would reach out to them.

HAFFNER PRESS • 5005 Crooks Road • Suite 35 • Royal Oak, MI 48073-1239 • ph: 248-288-4765 • [email protected]

Hi All,

Random question, but did anyone order "The Complete John the Balladeer" from Haffner Press? If so, have you received your copy or any sort of update as to when it may be shipped? I saw their last newsletter update in December which stated that the books were in-hand and would be shipping in a first-in/first-out order basis. I placed my order fairly early (May 2021) and would have assumed that I would have a shipping notice by now. Normally, I would just email and ask for an update; however, Haffner stated in that same newsletter that "Unsolicited inquiries regarding order status are not recommended. Your place in line is secure, but not sacred." Because of that, I'm a bit worried about contacting them as I don't want my copy delayed even further, and I also don't have Facebook to contact them online. This was my first ever order with Haffner, and I can't lie, I will never pre-order a book from them again. To me, at least in terms of this book, their level of contact/customer service has been beyond subpar, and being passive-aggressive toward people who want to follow-up on a years old pre-order via email completely sucks. If anyone has received their copy or a shipping notice, please let me know as that might at least dictate whether I should roll the dice and email Haffner to check on the status of mine. Thanks!!!

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Normally, I would just email and ask for an update; however, Haffner stated in that same newsletter that "Unsolicited inquiries regarding order status are not recommended. Your place in line is secure, but not sacred."
                Yikes. I didn't read the newsletter in question, but if that's their approach to customer service, it definitely sours me doing business with them. I mean, I haven't bought anything from them due to their long wait times, but this continues to smother that flame of interest. And that kinda sucks because I've been eyeing the Fredric Brown books and the Robert Bloch vampire and mythos books. I get that they don't want to be inundated with emails, but let's be honest here, if you offer books for preorder, take people's money, and then proceed to take years to finish the product, you're kinda bringing the email thing upon yourself. I hope this gets sorted out in a positive manner!
                Last edited by Sock Monkey; 03-22-2024, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Yikes. I didn't read the newsletter in question, but if that's their approach to customer service, it definitely sours me doing business with them. I mean, I haven't bought anything from them due to their long wait times, but this continues to smother that flame of interest. And that kinda sucks because I've been eyeing the Fredric Brown books and the Robert Bloch vampire and mythos books. I get that they don't want to be inundated with emails, but let's be honest here, if you offer books for preorder, take people's money, and then proceed to take years to finish the product, you're kinda bringing the email thing upon yourself. I hope this gets sorted out in a positive manner!
                  Wow!

Take pre-order payment, sit on it for years, and then essentially threaten YOUR customers if they dare ask about the status of their order.

What a completely shitty business model.

I‘ve never ordered from them and now never will.

I’ve also been eyeing the Bloch books, but will wait for them to be listed on Amazon or B&N (or maybe Caprichios will carry them).

B

Comment

I'm just waiting it out....Douche Bag!!

Comment

Working...
                    X