Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 3573

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Thanks, Dan. Seems like a money grab. Love the band and music but really? I just want the music and I would prefer it in compact disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Apparently it's a problem. Demand is too high or something. Here's an article about it.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2019/08/1...o-be-sold-out/

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks, Dan. Seems like a money grab. Love the band and music but really? I just want the music and I would prefer it in compact disc.
    Ehh maybe, but I think it's more that the demand is way higher than anyone expected. Tool never really seemed like the type to really care all that much about the money.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

You may be right. I was really commenting on the description of the CD. Seemed like a major production.

You are right though in regards to the history of the band. They really haven't appeared to be about the money.

Ehh maybe, but I think it's more that the demand is way higher than anyone expected. Tool never really seemed like the type to really care all that much about the money.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I was just reading that same article. What I first noticed and questioned is the fact the CD has a video screen complete with speakers. What in the world?

So maybe the price isnít that high since it sounds like the MSRP would be higher than normal anyway.

Still the thought of a physical CD being sold out in todayís music environment is pretty cool.

I agree. It is pretty cool.

I'm just pissed that I don't already have a copy on order.

Big fan of the band for the better part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I was just reading that same article. What I first noticed and questioned is the fact the CD has a video screen complete with speakers. What in the world?

So maybe the price isn’t that high since it sounds like the MSRP would be higher than normal anyway.

Still the thought of a physical CD being sold out in today’s music environment is pretty cool.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I agree. It is pretty cool.

I'm just pissed that I don't already have a copy on order.

Big fan of the band for the better part of my life.
    In your defense, it has been what, 13 years since an album came out? You probably just forgot.

Be safe to anyone near the impact of Hurricane Dorian.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    It seems like I cannot pre-order the new CD from Tool without a massive second hand up-sale. Anyone have an idea...Am I missing something?
    I don't know if you saw this, but they just made "a small additional quantity" available. The price is $45.98 plus $10.00 shipping.

https://store.toolband.com/collectio...hUaam91PRWlDj4

Thanks! Bad timing for me but I do appreciate the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I don't know if you saw this, but they just made "a small additional quantity" available. The price is $45.98 plus $10.00 shipping.

https://store.toolband.com/collectio...hUaam91PRWlDj4

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Hey Dan & Co, any chance Y'all might consider re-doing Alan Ryan's Dead White??

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Hey Dan & Co, any chance Y'all might consider re-doing Alan Ryan's Dead White??
    I will second this request and add CAST A COLD EYE on to that list, please!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I will second this request and add CAST A COLD EYE on to that list, please!
    The People have spoken LOL!!!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    CJ Tudor, Bentley Little, and Tom Deady walk into a bar . . . and I have no idea how the rest of the joke goes because I leave that bar and vow never to return as I get drunk at home.

ALSO I am in a particularly salty mood because I was inspecting my Grant AGE of Little Sisters of Eluria and the book is falling apart! The spine is actually concave and the book doesn't open properly. I swear I only have these problems with my Grant editions. My Wind Through the Keyhole binding is detached from the spine and my Black House page block is detached from the tail band. These books are falling to pieces.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    ALSO I am in a particularly salty mood because I was inspecting my Grant AGE of Little Sisters of Eluria and the book is falling apart! The spine is actually concave and the book doesn't open properly. I swear I only have these problems with my Grant editions. My Wind Through the Keyhole binding is detached from the spine and my Black House page block is detached from the tail band. These books are falling to pieces.
    I have heard that about Grant books many times.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Sounds like most of my TOR trades.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have heard that about Grant books many times.
    Really? That's unexpectedly comforting. I haven't seen anything about trouble with Grant editions.

It just sucks so bad. I have one of the Whelan remarques and it's one of my favorite editions. Well, it was.

I can't open the book without making the spine fold in like a paperback. It's so messed up.

Sounds like most of my TOR trades.

Yeah, it sucks that this beautiful signed edition is no better than a mass market trade edition.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Really? That's unexpectedly comforting. I haven't seen anything about trouble with Grant editions.

It just sucks so bad. I have one of the Whelan remarques and it's one of my favorite editions. Well, it was.

I can't open the book without making the spine fold in like a paperback. It's so messed up.
    Bad thing is I can't remember where I heard of issues with Grant books. I do know that I heard enough for it to be a factor in me opting not to buy Little Sisters or The Wind Through the Keyhole.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Get ready for a rant...

So I buy a book from Barnes & Noble for the first time in quite a while. An oversized artbook on which that I used a 15% off on-line coupon. Amazon was a bit lower at the time, but I figured at the time, what the heck, I'll give the business to B&N.com. It arrives a week or so later with corners and spine bumped, and the book itself is a disappointment...shoddily glue-bound and surprisingly featured non-glossy pages, very atypical for an artbook at its $65 price point.

I decided to return it.

The instructions both on-line and on the enclosed receipt form indicated I can mail it in or take it in to a B&N store. Wanting to expedite the matter, I took time out of my busy day and drove 30 minutes to my local B&N store to return the book.

Where I was informed that was not possible.

To paraphrase the conversation:

Because I'd paid for it via PayPal, they could not refund my money, but only offer me a gift card in the refund amount. But, I said, my PayPal is linked to the credit card I have with me.

Nope, sorry, can't do that, only a gift card.

But you can see that I paid for it...what difference does the payment vehicle make? You can confirm the money was received by B&N...what difference does it how the money is refunded by B&N?

Sorry, that's our policy.

So, I said, after driving half-an-hour to the store, I have to now package it up, drive it to the Post Office, pay the postage, and the B&N warehouse that I send to it can refund it to my credit card...but my neighborhood B&N can't? Even though the instructions on my receipt say I can return it to any B&N store, with absolutely no mention at all of a PayPal exclusion?

Yes, that's correct.

So I have the packaged book on my counter, waiting for a trip down to the Post Office tomorrow. It'll take a week to get there, cost me more time and $5 or so to send it off, and I have the pleasure of waiting for a week-plus for my refund to appear.

And today's adventure illustrates why Amazon continues to plow their retail asses into the ground. If the new CEO/owner of B&N has any chance to turning around that lost, rudderless boat that is B&N, he needs to fix absurd, bull***t customer experiences like this. If B&N on-line is going to accept PayPal as a valid payment, and then include instructions with the book that says you can return any item to a local B&N store, then there must be a refund process in place at those stores for customers who used PayPal.

Amazon has started to set up return kiosks at retail establishments like Kohl's to maximize the customer experience (and those are only necessary when they don't just tell you on the phone or chat sytem to just go ahead and keep the book along with the instant refund)...you think I'd have received pushback at the Amazon kiosk, that I'd be told I didn't pay via the right method? No way.

I don't buy much from B&N anymore, but unless it's some exclusive edition that I just can't live without (example: their recent edition of a signed Thomas Harris CARI MORA, which, as we now know, we all could well have lived without), it's going to be a cold day in Hell before I do so again.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 09-26-2019 at 01:25 AM.