Page 140 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2990

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yes, man already!!! You have a coupon for God's sake!!

Forgot to mention that I loved your comment about the bookmark in your latest unboxing video. It inspired me to try and be cute with my wife's Kindle. Kinky, I know. So I placed a bookmark inside of her Kindle case. (Is it me or does that sound really dirty). The response, "Cute". And in the words of our fearless leader, "Mission Accomplished"
    Well, the coupon doesn't work for Gwendy. SO I'm taking this as a sign.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That's awesome. Number 3 on my bucket list: inspire people to put their bookmarks in.
    Check

Maybe email in regards to it. Did the coupon state any restrictions?

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    At least I am not missing out then. At one point I checked and would be around $110 to purchase that book and get it shipped to me. As much as I do want it I can't justify the price for a book I have several versions on hand or on order.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Oh man, I just impulse bought two books off eBay. One was a what I thought would be a low throwaway bid and I won it. The other one is a book I’ve been trying to track down and it was a good price...but it was off budget, which means CD or someone else is gonna announce another book I’ll NEED and throw me way off base.

All that and you didn't tell us which books you purchased. ~Cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Oh man, I just impulse bought two books off eBay. One was a what I thought would be a low throwaway bid and I won it. The other one is a book I’ve been trying to track down and it was a good price...but it was off budget, which means CD or someone else is gonna announce another book I’ll NEED and throw me way off base.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Maybe email in regards to it. Did the coupon state any restrictions?
    The coupon didn't but the Gwendy product page states that you can't use coupons or other discounts. Of course, I only saw that after emailing Paul at SST. I think I'll just use the coupon on something new. There's always something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    At least I am not missing out then. At one point I checked and would be around $110 to purchase that book and get it shipped to me. As much as I do want it I can't justify the price for a book I have several versions on hand or on order.

Right. I looked at the conversion and with the coupon it would have cost about $96 to have it shipped from SST. But without the coupon, it's just not something I can justify.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    YES! What books, man?

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    YES! What books, man?
    Nothing super-crazy. The first was the traycased limited of The Skull Ring by Scott Nicholson. King's Way Press is rather infamous around these part--and rightfully so, due to their lengthy delays and various other issues--but I saw this on eBay and thought that the story sounded interesting and threw in a low bid and won it for under $25 bucks.

The second book is one that I've been searching for and finally grabbed it at a decent price: the signed limited of Deadman's Road by Joe Lansdale. This has been on my want list for years so I'm happy to finally have secured a copy for my collection.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Nothing super-crazy. The first was the traycased limited of The Skull Ring by Scott Nicholson. King's Way Press is rather infamous around these part--and rightfully so, due to their lengthy delays and various other issues--but I saw this on eBay and thought that the story sounded interesting and threw in a low bid and won it for under $25 bucks.

The second book is one that I've been searching for and finally grabbed it at a decent price: the signed limited of Deadman's Road by Joe Lansdale. This has been on my want list for years so I'm happy to finally have secured a copy for my collection.
    Congrats -- that kind of finally-got-it-after-years-of-waiting purchase is definitely a cause for celebration!

Well you were wise to say nothing in this forum about finding it on eBay. We would have driven the price up on you!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Congrats!

I did something similar yesterday with a Lansdale book - I threw a couple of bids at it and then forgot to check the auction at the last minute but still ended up with the book. Scored a signed hardcover copy of Private Eye Action. I got a really nice paperback version a few weeks ago, but the hardcover was a bit more elusive - the price was always a bit too high for my comfort.

Well you were wise to say nothing in this forum about finding it on eBay. We would have driven the price up on you!
    Silence does have its rewards...

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Congrats!

I did something similar yesterday with a Lansdale book - I threw a couple of bids at it and then forgot to check the auction at the last minute but still ended up with the book. Scored a signed hardcover copy of Private Eye Action. I got a really nice paperback version a few weeks ago, but the hardcover was a bit more elusive - the price was always a bit too high for my comfort.
    Very nice. Congrats!

I just got my first SST book--Paradise Sky by Lansdale. Of course I did an unboxing video. I love the production. And I think the price was modest for what I received. I bought it direct from SST and shipping wasn't that bad. And it was incredibly fast. Got my shipping notice on the 5th and received the package on the 11th. Faster than I'd expect for international anyway.

I can't wait to read it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWGguICWUc
    Why, Jeff? Why?! Now I am so tempted to pick up a copy of Paradise Sky...and The Toll...and...

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Congrats!

Congrats -- the HC of that one is a tough one to find at a decent price. I still have the tpb...so that tells you how good my luck has been.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Very nice. Congrats!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats -- the HC of that one is a tough one to find at a decent price. I still have the tpb...so that tells you how good my luck has been.
    I got it for less than $80 which I thought was a well deserved/earned price.

Now I'm trying to fill out my shopping cart to take advantage of my Paypal credit . . . hello missing Mouse Guard bookplate and signed Scott Ian book (his second.)

Why, Jeff? Why?! Now I am so tempted to pick up a copy of Paradise Sky...and The Toll...and...
    Got three items in my cart as I write this.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    There was some discussion over in Martin's thread about checks and it got me to thinking about this question. When is the last time you guys have actually written out a personal check for anything? I'll go first.

2013. Between the purchase of our 1st and 2nd home, we rented for a bit. I could have set up a payment to my landlord via online banking but, she insisted on a personal check each and every month by the 5th. Outside of that, I think I stopped writing checks sometime in the early 2000s, if not sooner.

Senior Member Inmate
    I have never actually written a check. Used a few money orders through the years. I received my 50th inscribed to me book today. It was Land of Bones by Glenn Rolfe.