Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188
Results 3,741 to 3,756 of 3756

Thread: Random thoughts...

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Received my shipping notice for City of Mirrors. Woot. Ordered in June of 2016. Excited to see this one come to reality and complete my set.
    Got my notice too. Hope they consider a slipcase for all three volumes. I vaguely remember Brian saying something about that some years ago.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Today I picked up a copy of American Dirt that I ordered from the local indy bookstore in Oakhurst, CA. I promptly ordered a second book I'd read about that is due out in a week or so.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Today I picked up a copy of American Dirt that I ordered from the local indy bookstore in Oakhurst, CA. I promptly ordered a second book I'd read about that is due out in a week or so.

Cap
    I received a surprise signed copy of American Dirt from Alabama Booksmith as part of their Signed First Editions Club. I haven't read it yet but I am eager to. Lots of controversy surrounding this one, some of it warranted and some of it not, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I received a surprise signed copy of American Dirt from Alabama Booksmith as part of their Signed First Editions Club. I haven't read it yet but I am eager to. Lots of controversy surrounding this one, some of it warranted and some of it not, in my opinion.
    I know there is controversy about American Dirt. I looked for American Dirt controversy today on Google and to be blunt I'm still unclear why this book is considered controversial. ~Cap

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I just googled this as well and don't really get it either. It's a work of fiction...

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I know there is controversy about American Dirt. I looked for American Dirt controversy today on Google and to be blunt I'm still unclear why this book is considered controversial. ~Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I just googled this as well and don't really get it either. It's a work of fiction...
    I found a link that somewhat explains it, I now can not locate this link. It's hard for me to properly explain the controversy, I think I understand part of it. ~Cap

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Yeah, not interested.....

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Yeah, not interested.....
    Your comment is rather vague.... ~Cap

Had another fantastic customer service interaction with Mindy and the great folks at CD! Any time I've had a question or concern they graciously rise to the occasion. Thanks again Guys!
    Mike

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Was at a book signing for one of my favorite authors last night. CD has previously published a few books by this author. At the end of the event, I was lucky enough to get to chat with him for a bit and happened to ask if he has anything coming out on the limited edition side of things. He told me that he has 3 books contracted with CD and even showed me some of the art on his phone which looks amazing. Needless to say, I am super excited and will be ordering all 3 books when announced. Am being vague as to the author as I figured it would be uncool to leak info that I don't believe has been officially announced by CD yet. That being said, I just had to vent my excitement somewhere and figured this would be a good place.

Feel free to PM me. :-) Also glad to hear about a fun event. They can really be a blast and provide some very cool interaction with the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Was at a book signing for one of my favorite authors last night. CD has previously published a few books by this author. At the end of the event, I was lucky enough to get to chat with him for a bit and happened to ask if he has anything coming out on the limited edition side of things. He told me that he has 3 books contracted with CD and even showed me some of the art on his phone which looks amazing. Needless to say, I am super excited and will be ordering all 3 books when announced. Am being vague as to the author as I figured it would be uncool to leak info that I don't believe has been officially announced by CD yet. That being said, I just had to vent my excitement somewhere and figured this would be a good place.

Not sure where the thread is, but someone recommended going to Hobby Lobby for framing. Thanks for the suggestion, went down this morning to get an estimate and didn't leave disappointed. I'm getting two pieces framed together, 11X17, Conservation glass, wood frame, total price $80.00. I was blown away. Service was great. Pick it up on the 17th of Feb, pay with pick-up. The Forum that just keeps on giving LOL!!
    Picked it up today. It came out great, I dropped off another piece.

Ray.jpg

Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    That sounds very interesting and if it’s the author I believe you’re referring to, I haven’t had a chance to read any of the books yet but they’ve been on my list and it would be exciting to know 3 more in the pipeline. I’m also planning to order a signed copy of the current book but had to wait for it to become available after the signing. It sounds very very good. And of course this is all assuming I’m thinking of the same person which is likely not correct lol. Either way I’m excited to find out what CD has in store for all of us the rest of this year and beyond!!

Member Part-timer
    That’s awesome! Congrats.

Wow. What a great piece. Congrats, my friend.

Ray.jpg

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Ray.jpg

That is spectacular! What a wonderful memento and a terrific frame job!
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; Yesterday at 09:31 PM.