No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, that’s really beyond the pale. Anyone still considering patronizing NRB may want to be careful not to get burned ‘cause this idiot is determined to burn down his proverbial house with his self-aggrandizing tantrums.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Boy, that’s really beyond the pale. Anyone still considering patronizing NRB may want to be careful not to get burned ‘cause this idiot is determined to burn down his proverbial house with his self-aggrandizing tantrums.
      Ron-Who is behind NRB? Does anyone know? ~Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        well, on the up-side, after reading this, I can start calling myself, a people person LOL!! WOW!! Ron has had the best line in this entire exchange, "trinket company" HAHA!!
        Last edited by mhatchett; 04-14-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Rep for that one, Steve LOL.

Did you notice, Jeff that no one showed concern for your personal safety? Only that of the books. Got to love a collectors mindset
          Yep! You can get band-aids for boo-boos but a cut book is forever. And quite unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            well, on the up-side, after reading this, I can start calling myself, a people person LOL!! WOW!!
            Yeah, he's coming out swinging. He's taking things too personally and he's not separating his private life from the business. It's just not good for NRB. I hope he can chill out and respond in a more detached way. Because when you break down what happened: no one was ripped off. Yes, they were offering a subscribers-only preorder for a special limited edition of Salem's Lot that might have a signed quantity. And they gambled on getting a commitment from King that came down to the wire. But it didn't pan out in time for the preorder window. And they announced that there would be no signed quantities before that window opened. From what I understand, King may have agreed to sign some and maybe those will be offered for sale in the near future. I don't know. But no one paid for a signed edition so there was no bait and switch. The price for the unsigned edition (with the shirt and the pin) wasn't outrageous. It was all very unfortunate. I'm still an NRB fan and I think it's getting ridiculous over there on the TDT board. Vincent should have cooled off before responding and I can't defend the way he replied to Stroppygoblin (Simon). In my opinion that is NRB's failing and taking things too personally is much more forgivable than what they're being accused of. I don't think they set out to rip people off. I'm not a sycophant or an ass-kisser. I've never gotten anything from NRB that I haven't paid for. I don't have a financial concern in their company. And I'm not related to Vincent or Jessica. So I'm just going on my personal opinion.

To answer Cap's question: I know their names and that Vincent is former military (he might be a Marine) They live in Tennessee and NRB is only about a year and a half old. They're young with a toddler and a newborn who came into the world just a few days after the King resale.

Anyway, that's my two cents which is really worthless when you consider the conversion rate from the dollar to the British pound. It's also worthless in my house for I am a husband who does unboxing videos.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              Yeah, he's coming out swinging. He's taking things too personally and he's not separating his private life from the business. It's just not good for NRB. I hope he can chill out and respond in a more detached way. Because when you break down what happened: no one was ripped off. Yes, they were offering a subscribers-only preorder for a special limited edition of Salem's Lot that might have a signed quantity. And they gambled on getting a commitment from King that came down to the wire. But it didn't pan out in time for the preorder window. And they announced that there would be no signed quantities before that window opened. From what I understand, King may have agreed to sign some and maybe those will be offered for sale in the near future. I don't know. But no one paid for a signed edition so there was no bait and switch. The price for the unsigned edition (with the shirt and the pin) wasn't outrageous. It was all very unfortunate. I'm still an NRB fan and I think it's getting ridiculous over there on the TDT board. Vincent should have cooled off before responding and I can't defend the way he replied to Stroppygoblin (Simon). In my opinion that is NRB's failing and taking things too personally is much more forgivable than what they're being accused of. I don't think they set out to rip people off. I'm not a sycophant or an ass-kisser. I've never gotten anything from NRB that I haven't paid for. I don't have a financial concern in their company. And I'm not related to Vincent or Jessica. So I'm just going on my personal opinion.

To answer Cap's question: I know their names and that Vincent is former military (he might be a Marine) They live in Tennessee and NRB is only about a year and a half old. They're young with a toddler and a newborn who came into the world just a few days after the King resale.

Anyway, that's my two cents which is really worthless when you consider the conversion rate from the dollar to the British pound. It's also worthless in my house for I am a husband who does unboxing videos.
              And Jeff seems to have the most balanced view of the situation. I'm often surprised that people don't understand how information can spread in the digital/social media age. Word of mouth is at a premium. What you text/send to one person can quickly be read by millions and once it's typed it's almost impossible to take back or massage into something better.

Comment

I have stated my case on NRB and will not rehash. On a bright note I will have my April box today. With the upgrade to priority shipping it will be the first one I have in hand before seeing the contents online first. Ok, I admit I am avoiding YouTube for yesterday and today to ensure this. I will try to get some photos in my collection thread this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  And Jeff seems to have the most balanced view of the situation. I'm often surprised that people don't understand how information can spread in the digital/social media age. Word of mouth is at a premium. What you text/send to one person can quickly be read by millions and once it's typed it's almost impossible to take back or massage into something better.
                  It's just like the game telephone we played as kids. Someone starts with a phrase or 2 and by the time it gets to the end it's totally different from what was originally said. Yes Vincent needs a thicker skin as a business man. You can understand though how he feels personally attacked. Even though that comes with the territory of being in business. Also in my opinion the last part of that email that set him off was rather dude and obnoxious. Can't please everyone and really this mole hill was turned into Mount Everest by people not really reading the initial email.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I have stated my case on NRB and will not rehash. On a bright note I will have my April box today. With the upgrade to priority shipping it will be the first one I have in hand before seeing the contents online first. Ok, I admit I am avoiding YouTube for yesterday and today to ensure this. I will try to get some photos in my collection thread this weekend.
                    I’m supposed to get mine by Wednesday. But I’m dying to know what the cover of The new release looks like.

Comment

I’m supposed to get mine by Wednesday. But I’m dying to know what the cover of The new release looks like.
                      First time I got mine before you had yours! If I am remembering correctly the cover is identical to your ARC. My copy is signed as well!

Comment

First time I got mine before you had yours! If I am remembering correctly the cover is identical to your ARC. My copy is signed as well!
                        OK. Cool. I didn't opt in for expedited shipping. I'm not in any rush.

I asked about the cover because Vincent shared with me a variant cover for that book that was supposed to be another NRB exclusive like Gwendy. I LOVED it. But the publisher didn't approve in time for the release date and so I guess it wasn't to be. I was wondering if maybe it had gone through after all. The NRB cover was such a cool design and I thought it was better than DelRay's cover. That was one of the things I was so excited about previously.

Comment

OK. Cool. I didn't opt in for expedited shipping. I'm not in any rush.

I asked about the cover because Vincent shared with me a variant cover for that book that was supposed to be another NRB exclusive like Gwendy. I LOVED it. But the publisher didn't approve in time for the release date and so I guess it wasn't to be. I was wondering if maybe it had gone through after all. The NRB cover was such a cool design and I thought it was better than DelRay's cover. That was one of the things I was so excited about previously.
                          Without expedited shipping my box was taking 10 to 14 days to reach me so I went for it. I was wondering why you were wondering about a cover that you had already. Too bad the variant did not work out but I am happy with what I got. Two Hardbound books this month.

Comment

Without expedited shipping my box was taking 10 to 14 days to reach me so I went for it. I was wondering why you were wondering about a cover that you had already. Too bad the variant did not work out but I am happy with what I got. Two Hardbound books this month.
                            I'd be interested to know what you think of the book. I don't think I've seen a review I've disagreed with--both negative and positive.

Comment

I'd be interested to know what you think of the book. I don't think I've seen a review I've disagreed with--both negative and positive.
                              It will probably be summer before I get to it. It will not even be my next Malerman read. As a side note I am very happy with the second book in the box as well.

Comment

It will probably be summer before I get to it. It will not even be my next Malerman read. As a side note I am very happy with the second book in the box as well.
                                Now I can't wait to see what the second book is. My box won't be here till Friday or Saturday. A variant cover would have been nice. Oh well win some loose some and Martin congratulations on getting a signed copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X