No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel free to PM me. :-) Also glad to hear about a fun event. They can really be a blast and provide some very cool interaction with the artist.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Was at a book signing for one of my favorite authors last night. CD has previously published a few books by this author. At the end of the event, I was lucky enough to get to chat with him for a bit and happened to ask if he has anything coming out on the limited edition side of things. He told me that he has 3 books contracted with CD and even showed me some of the art on his phone which looks amazing. Needless to say, I am super excited and will be ordering all 3 books when announced. Am being vague as to the author as I figured it would be uncool to leak info that I don't believe has been officially announced by CD yet. That being said, I just had to vent my excitement somewhere and figured this would be a good place.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Not sure where the thread is, but someone recommended going to Hobby Lobby for framing. Thanks for the suggestion, went down this morning to get an estimate and didn't leave disappointed. I'm getting two pieces framed together, 11X17, Conservation glass, wood frame, total price $80.00. I was blown away. Service was great. Pick it up on the 17th of Feb, pay with pick-up. The Forum that just keeps on giving LOL!!
      Picked it up today. It came out great, I dropped off another piece.

Ray.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        Was at a book signing for one of my favorite authors last night. CD has previously published a few books by this author. At the end of the event, I was lucky enough to get to chat with him for a bit and happened to ask if he has anything coming out on the limited edition side of things. He told me that he has 3 books contracted with CD and even showed me some of the art on his phone which looks amazing. Needless to say, I am super excited and will be ordering all 3 books when announced. Am being vague as to the author as I figured it would be uncool to leak info that I don't believe has been officially announced by CD yet. That being said, I just had to vent my excitement somewhere and figured this would be a good place.
        That sounds very interesting and if it’s the author I believe you’re referring to, I haven’t had a chance to read any of the books yet but they’ve been on my list and it would be exciting to know 3 more in the pipeline. I’m also planning to order a signed copy of the current book but had to wait for it to become available after the signing. It sounds very very good. And of course this is all assuming I’m thinking of the same person which is likely not correct lol. Either way I’m excited to find out what CD has in store for all of us the rest of this year and beyond!!

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats.

Comment

Wow. What a great piece. Congrats, my friend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21970[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ray.jpg

That is spectacular! What a wonderful memento and a terrific frame job!
              Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 03-02-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Very frustrated that IKEA will not ship the bookcases I want. The closet store for me is 324 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Very frustrated that IKEA will not ship the bookcases I want. The closet store for me is 324 miles away.
                  Have you tried Amazon? Some Ikea items are available through them.

Comment

No. I didn't even think about that. I'm an internet hillbilly.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Have you tried Amazon? Some Ikea items are available through them.

Comment

No. I didn't even think about that. I'm an internet hillbilly.
                      Totally understand. I am not sure how much of Ikeas catalog is available there or how the cost compares. I am guessing it is more expensive on Amazon due to the shipping costs. If you want me to do some searching for you let me know what you are looking for. I can try to find it and give you a link.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21970[/ATTACH]
                        Turned out great!

Comment

Happy Super Tuesday! Out opening up a polling Place. Though painful at times, think how lucky we are to be able to exercise our right to vote and all the people that sacrificed so that we would have that right! Be safe!
                          Mike

Comment

Agree 100%. Glad we have the right to vote and appreciate that we live in a system which allows many voices to be heard.

Happy Super Tuesday! Out opening up a polling Place. Though painful at times, think how lucky we are to be able to exercise our right to vote and all the people that sacrificed so that we would have that right! Be safe!
                            Mike

Comment

Mike
                              Agree 100%. Glad we have the right to vote and appreciate that we live in a system which allows many voices to be heard.
                              Amen

Comment

I won't go look so this means I can not kill someone. That being said I am going to kill whoever mentioned the signed Brian De Palma Hard Case Crime book at the Mysterious Bookshop. I now have ordered two books from TMB. Grrr.....

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X