X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Here's a little sneak peak at something I've been quietly working on for CD for maybe a month now. I suspect we'll be selling them soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpc67gbn...on_share_sheet
      So that is Carrie! I almost asked on the Instagram post.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        So that is Carrie! I almost asked on the Instagram post.
        Yep that's based off of stamping used on the lettered edition. If this one goes well I think the plan will be to do them for at least all the Doubleday stuff, and maybe more. I'm actually really looking forward to the ones for Salem and Shining.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Another DAYS OF THE DEAD conference question. I've never been to an entertainment conference before. Not one where celebrities set up tables and signed autographs and such. So I have no idea what to expect. What I want to know from those who have gone to things like this is--do they charge for autographs? I thought that if I brought something to sign and waited in line, I could get whoever to sign whatever for free. Now I'm realizing how naive that must be. Can anyone tell me how it goes down?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            Another DAYS OF THE DEAD conference question. I've never been to an entertainment conference before. Not one where celebrities set up tables and signed autographs and such. So I have no idea what to expect. What I want to know from those who have gone to things like this is--do they charge for autographs? I thought that if I brought something to sign and waited in line, I could get whoever to sign whatever for free. Now I'm realizing how naive that must be. Can anyone tell me how it goes down?
            I'm pretty sure it all depends on the event. I've been to ones that it's all free, ones were you get "signing session tickets" to portion / spread the line waiting out, and to ones where they cost money.

Instagram

Comment

I’ve seen it go every which way.

At ECCC this year, almost everyone signed everything for free with the exception of Jae Lee who charged either $5 or $10 per item, but didn’t charge me since I bought a print. The artists that signed a ton of stuff were aware that if a line formed, I’d get out and give someone else a chance. Chris Claremont charged $10 a sig and seemed to have no limit. Some people had BOXES of stuff he was signing. I never got anything signed.

Katie has gone to a few MLP cons and autographs always cost and they’d sign whatever as long as you had a ticket per.

And quite often there was a time limit - autographs between 1-3pm sorta thing.

Comment

Thanks for the insights, guys. I guess I'll just have to see how this goes. All the cenobites will be there (except Doug Bradley!) and I have a stack of books I was going to have them sign. But if I have to pay then I might have to rethink how much I bring. I don't want to lug a stack of books around. I'm going to reach out to the event organizers. But it helps to know what others have experienced. Thanks!

Comment

Never before have I hated winter so much as I did yesterday. It took me 8 hours to make what's typically a 1 hour drive home from the office. I ended up taking today off, just because I couldn't look at the inside of my car anymore.

Instagram

Comment

I was talking to my manager who is located in PA, he mentioned how bad it was. He said his daughter has a four mile drive and it took her two hours. I can't imagine an eight hour drive home, that's just nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      Never before have I hated winter so much as I did yesterday. It took me 8 hours to make what's typically a 1 hour drive home from the office. I ended up taking today off, just because I couldn't look at the inside of my car anymore.
                      My worst commute to work was 4 hours but I did have an 8 hour commute home once. Fortunately I am able to work from home when needed.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! I can tell it's going to be a great one, my neighbors are all ready shouting at each other in the front yard and it's not even noon. Enjoy your feast, families, football, long walks and leaf raking!! And to our Canadian friends, good on you for getting an early start!

Comment

Right back at you. Happy Turkey Day everyone. Try to enjoy it even if you are forced to endure another year of cornbread dressing and oyster gravy...

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! I can tell it's going to be a great one, my neighbors are all ready shouting at each other in the front yard and it's not even noon. Enjoy your feast, families, football, long walks and leaf raking!! And to our Canadian friends, good on you for getting an early start!
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

On a side note, what in god’s name is “oyster gravy”?

Comment

Happy turkey day all!!!

Also: What's with Joe Lansdale's signature? I've never seen two exactly alike.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                Also: What's with Joe Lansdale's signature? I've never seen two exactly alike.
                                I would say it's because he signs so much stuff so often, but Gaiman's signature is much more consistent and he signs more things, faster.

Plus there's the added bonus of not having to worry about eBay purchases having real signatures or not - because who truly knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X