No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with the clean-up. We are so starved for rain here, and we usually have quite stormy weather. Although, never really under the extreme threats like down your way (tornadoes).

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      KC getting hammered with wind and rain tonight. My neighbor called me at 3:30 am (she's up at that time anyway and knows I work nights, but I wonder what her boyfriend would say if he knew she was calling me at that time--he hates me as it is.) and told me one of the trunks of the tree in my front yard fell over my driveway. There were five, but one fell back in 2011 and hit my attic. Now there's three. So now I have to park on the street--at a time when lots of construction vehicles on cleanup detail will be going through my neighborhood.

Sigh...
      Ouch. We got hammered pretty good too south of ya but no damage that I can see. At least at my place.

Comment

A little late, but I just read this article about Jeff Rice. I missed his passing last year. "Rice's death is the last of four that pretty much bring the Kolchak saga to a close. Darren McGavin and Dan Curtis died in 2006, and Richard Matheson in 2013."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...eGiibRyHqkG7hQ
        Last edited by mhatchett; 07-27-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Had at least one tornado tear through here last night about 7:10PM. Maybe a mile or so (KM or 2 LOL) from my house. Wasn't more than a small thunderstorm for me, but quite a bit of damage not too far away.

graybar twister.jpg

This is about a 5 minute drive from my house.

UPDATE - Environment Canada says 2 touched down. This picture was part of the damage of an EF2, and also an EF1 touched down just outside the city.
          Last edited by TJCams; 09-29-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Dayum... Glad to hear you're safe though.

Comment

I'm going on vacation on Tuesday and I'm heading for Indiana to visit my older brother first. His house didn't get hit, but several about a mile from him did. Glad to hear you didn't get anything serious.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Anyone else having trouble accessing thedarktower.org?

Comment

Not responding for me either.

Comment

I can only access the site via the Tor browser. Not sure what else to try at this point. Very annoying.

Comment

Looks like it's back up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Looks like it's back up now.
                        Not for me.

Comment

I can access it but I'm not longer receiving email notifications for the threads that I'm subscribed to nor can I upload photos. I believe they switched to a new server and it's causing issues. I asked RF about it but nothing is fixed yet at least on my end.

Comment

The site is now working for me. Just started working again randomly.

Comment

It's been up and down for me.

Comment

How does one get email notification for threads that you're subscribed to? I've been unable to figure this out in the CD forums.

Cap

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                I can access it but I'm not longer receiving email notifications for the threads that I'm subscribed to nor can I upload photos. I believe they switched to a new server and it's causing issues. I asked RF about it but nothing is fixed yet at least on my end.
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X