No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for all y'all: What are your sources for book tours? How do you know when an author is coming to your town to get scribbly with it? I'm hoping to start catching authors as they come through Taxland. If they come through. I used to beg Joe Lansdale until the RO.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Question for all y'all: What are your sources for book tours? How do you know when an author is coming to your town to get scribbly with it? I'm hoping to start catching authors as they come through Taxland. If they come through. I used to beg Joe Lansdale until the RO.
      Mostly the author's emails you register for or their website.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Mostly the author's emails you register for or their website.
        Sign up, too, for e-newsletters / email alerts from your regional bookstores and be sure to always check their Events mentions.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I hope that Dak Prescott can play golf, because if you're going to be the next Tony Romo . . .
          Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

You can also sign up for this newsletter, Jeff. Book Signing Central

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              You can also sign up for this newsletter, Jeff. Book Signing Central
              Thanks everyone for the tips! And thank you Brian for the link! I should have made time to have a beer with Brad and Joe Hill in Milwaukee. I want to remedy that moving forward and meet these incredible writers.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips! And thank you Brian for the link! I should have made time to have a beer with Brad and Joe Hill in Milwaukee. I want to remedy that moving forward and meet these incredible writers.
                Most welcome! I'd think you'd get some big names coming through a city of your size.

Comment

*Deleted* by poster.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ben Staad; 10-08-2019, 02:23 PM.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just added myself back to the mailing list for the Deena Warner Halloween card. I missed the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Just added myself back to the mailing list for the Deena Warner Halloween card. I missed the last few years.
                      Nice! They are really cool little treats each year.

Comment

Today I got White Bizango by Stephen Gallagher. I ordered this book from the Subterranean Press Low Stock sale. There is a tiny little "glob" of something on the back of the dustjacket. Any tips on how to safely remove it? I hope my post doesn't get lost in this thread.

Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I'm not over there anymore but on tdt.org there is a great thread about cleaning books somewhere. Maybe a current member over there could point you in the right direction to that thread.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          Today I got White Bizango by Stephen Gallagher. I ordered this book from the Subterranean Press Low Stock sale. There is a tiny little "glob" of something on the back of the dustjacket. Any tips on how to safely remove it? I hope my post doesn't get lost in this thread.

Cap

Comment

books.jpg

Comment

So true.

Comment

Books saved me from a rough childhood. Gave me confidence to face the tough things in the real world.

Comment

Working...
                                X