X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto on the Turkey Day!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Plus there's the added bonus of not having to worry about eBay purchases having real signatures or not - because who truly knows.
      Hahaha thats' a fantastic upside. I recently bought three Hap and Leonard books direct from Lansdale. He posted on twitter a special offer and I took him up on it. Then I communicated with Kasey Lansdale and got my three signed trade editions in the mail speedily. I had them all signed to Jeffingoff. All three signatures looked different--even though I have no doubts that I got them from Lansdale. I compared the sigs to his signatures in SST and SubPress books I bought direct from those publishers and no signatures look identical. Lansdale's sigs land somewhere between Malerman's nothing and King's exacting.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Hahaha thats' a fantastic upside. I recently bought three Hap and Leonard books direct from Lansdale. He posted on twitter a special offer and I took him up on it. Then I communicated with Kasey Lansdale and got my three signed trade editions in the mail speedily. I had them all signed to Jeffingoff. All three signatures looked different--even though I have no doubts that I got them from Lansdale. I compared the sigs to his signatures in SST and SubPress books I bought direct from those publishers and no signatures look identical. Lansdale's sigs land somewhere between Malerman's nothing and King's exacting.
        That's cool, Jeff! Looking forward to seeing them.

Comment

It's my birthday today so if anybody wants to get me this, I won't mind!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Darks-Carnival-Signed-Lettered-Glen-Hirshberg-Earthling-Halloween/163404966583?hash=item260bb1eab7:g:Cy8AAOSwm5xcAAw w:rk:1f:0

This is a holy grail of mine and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it happen, I just don't know how and IF i even want to pay that much. Though this is the first copy I've ever seen for sale.

Comment

As much as I would love to get that for you, I won't be able to manage it. I could never imagine paying anywhere near that much for a single book - as beautiful and cherished as it might be. I don't think I've ever paid $200 for a single book (although I will probably pull the trigger on a Suntup Gift Misery soon). Actually, that's not true. $250 for the SubPress Green Mile Gift Edition is my record, and that's something I've coveted for a long time.

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Darks-Carnival-Signed-Lettered-Glen-Hirshberg-Earthling-Halloween/163404966583?hash=item260bb1eab7:g:Cy8AAOSwm5xcAAw w:rk:1f:0

This is a holy grail of mine and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it happen, I just don't know how and IF i even want to pay that much. Though this is the first copy I've ever seen for sale.
              I think that's beyond our office pool collecting abilities, Keith LOL. You can do like Jason or Jeff and throw some crazy lowball offer. Ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                I think that's beyond our office pool collecting abilities, Keith LOL. You can do like Jason or Jeff and throw some crazy lowball offer. Ya never know
                That is what I was thinking!

Comment

Have you considered a time-share purchase? You and 51 friends chip in together and each of you get it for one week out of the year!
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                    As much as I would love to get that for you, I won't be able to manage it. I could never imagine paying anywhere near that much for a single book - as beautiful and cherished as it might be. I don't think I've ever paid $200 for a single book (although I will probably pull the trigger on a Suntup Gift Misery soon). Actually, that's not true. $250 for the SubPress Green Mile Gift Edition is my record, and that's something I've coveted for a long time.

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

Thank you for the "happy birthday". Yeah, I've never paid that much for a book either. I think my top was $500 for the Ultra-Limited edition of Barker's The Midnight Meat Train, but I also got a matching $500 gift card through one of DRP's promotions, so it was easy to justify the purchase. $1500 is just SO much money for a book.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    That is what I was thinking!
                    I'm thinking of throwing in an offer. Maybe I'll get lucky. I almost never make offers on Ebay, though I have taken a lot of offers when selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      Have you considered a time-share purchase? You and 51 friends chip in together and each of you get it for one week out of the year!
                      LOL! That's a great idea! Now I just need to find 50 more friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Comment

Ha!

this only seems to work for me when there are actual bids and not just a buy it now - but that Make Offer button is mighty tempting . . .

Comment

First time I've ever seen a copy of this book for sale. I did find Mr. Dark's Carnival is available as an ebook. Does anyone want the link? Cap
                            Last edited by c marvel; 11-30-2018, 07:43 AM.
                            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Ha!

this only seems to work for me when there are actual bids and not just a buy it now - but that Make Offer button is mighty tempting . . .
                              I've made offers of $50 on books selling for $150. Not sure what low ball offer I would make on $1500. Maybe $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                I've made offers of $50 on books selling for $150. Not sure what low ball offer I would make on $1500. Maybe $1000.
                                That's a great deal on a $150 book. I also think the longer they sit around, the better your chances may be at getting a deal.

Although I've had pretty good success with it; some sellers don't understand how to correctly use Best Offer IMO. It should be used as a negotiation tool. I've received offers back for only $1 off the asking price

Comment

Working...
                                X