Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174
Results 3,461 to 3,473 of 3473

Thread: Random thoughts...

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I haven't really seen a lot of unchecked political crossfire. Recently there was a dust-up on YOUR NEW PRIDE AND JOY but RF stepped in and put a damper on it. Of course, there's the Politics thread but I just stay the hell off of that one.

The stuff I see that I don't like is the biting comments and angry swings about things that don't call for that. Like sniping at people for simply being zealous Suntup fans or CD production schedules (seriously, CD has been nothing but fantastic with customer service--and yeah waiting sucks for customers but people need to understand that CD probably isn't happy with delays either and I wouldn't doubt that refunds are easily given for those who refuse to hang on. I simply don't get bitching about it in a crowded public forum!). Things that should be handled in private or in a less emotional way. I actually think it's gotten better over there recently. For the most part.
    Or being called a weirdo because you're a huge fan of an author and might only get to see him once in your life. If that's not calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Oh my God! I miss real Thanksgiving dinners.
    Me too, Jim! I think it's Jim, went out on a limb there lol. While we still try and do some sort of Thanksgiving dinner; it's not the old 30 people packed into the joint, eating where you can find a spot. I loved it! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday due to that reason. I'll sound like an old fart and say, Christmas has just become too commercialize and doesn't seem to hold any true meaning outside of retail sales reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too, Jim! I think it's Jim, went out on a limb there lol. While we still try and do some sort of Thanksgiving dinner; it's not the old 30 people packed into the joint, eating where you can find a spot. I loved it! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday due to that reason. I'll sound like an old fart and say, Christmas has just become too commercialize and doesn't seem to hold any true meaning outside of retail sales reports.
    I knew I'd get it wrong lol.

For all you Straub fans from Centipede:

One of our upcoming projects is a new limited edition of Ghost Story by Peter Straub. This edition will have archival artwork, plus a new dustjacket by artist Douglas Smith and several two-color linocuts by Vladimir Zimakov, plus bonus archival materials. The edition will be 500 copies, printed on mouldmade paper with natural deckled edges. The anticipated price will be around $400 per copy, with a publication date of around early 2022. If you are interested in this book, please let us know.

Senior Member Hearing Voices

One of our upcoming projects is a new limited edition of Ghost Story by Peter Straub. This edition will have archival artwork, plus a new dustjacket by artist Douglas Smith and several two-color linocuts by Vladimir Zimakov, plus bonus archival materials. The edition will be 500 copies, printed on mouldmade paper with natural deckled edges. The anticipated price will be around $400 per copy, with a publication date of around early 2022. If you are interested in this book, please let us know.
    So glad I have the Hill House signed/limited HC of this one and don't need to worry about this new Centipede edition...I know Centipede's edition will be incredible, but I kinda feel like I won the lottery by saving $400. Well..."save" in the loosest sense, since it'll just go to other Centipede volumes.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    So glad I have the Hill House signed/limited HC of this one and don't need to worry about this new Centipede edition...I know Centipede's edition will be incredible, but I kinda feel like I won the lottery by saving $400. Well..."save" in the loosest sense, since it'll just go to other Centipede volumes.
    Powell's recently had a Hill House copy in stock. I was tempted.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    It's been many years since I last ordered from Brodart. Last time I bought the single sheet types that fit almost all standard sized books. Looking through the Brodart site I can't seem to figure out which ones I had bought. Before that I bought a roll of some type and a bone knife...I will just say I am not very handy, hence, the single sheet type worked better for me.

Anyone out there that could point me in the right direction for the single sheets or provide a product number? If not maybe I can just call Brodart.

Here's what I use, Tim:

Brodart Fold-On

Thank you, Brian. Those were what I was looking at before I posted but I didn't remember having to order a size.

Here's what I use, Tim:

Brodart Fold-On

I just remembered the old email that I had associated with the Brodart account. Logged into an old yahoo address, found it was still active, then went to Brodart and reset my password. Woot!

Looking at my order history it appears I haven't ordered from them since 2011. They were what you posted Brian and they cost 32.4% more than in 2011.

Edit: Shipping is more than the actual order...Hate when that happens.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 08-13-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I just remembered the old email that I had associated with the Brodart account. Logged into an old yahoo address, found it was still active, then went to Brodart and reset my password. Woot!

Looking at my order history it appears I haven't ordered from them since 2011. They were what you posted Brian and they cost 32.4% more than in 2011.

Edit: Shipping is more than the actual order...Hate when that happens.
    Most welcome and quite the increase over the years. I think this was my first year ordering and I bet I covered close to 100 books over several days. Now, I try and cover them soon after they arrive if don't have a cover.

I finally ran out earlier this year. It wasn't a big deal as I'm barely collecting these days.

I still buy all the new SK releases but only pick up a handful (2-4) of "collectible" or signed books each year now.

That being said I have some bare books on my shelves that are starting to bother me. They really look out of place among their protected brethren.

Most welcome and quite the increase over the years. I think this was my first year ordering and I bet I covered close to 100 books over several days. Now, I try and cover them soon after they arrive if don't have a cover.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session

I’m all over this. And I’m even down for splurging on a deluxe edition if offered! This is the one I warned my wife about when I first started collecting. I said if anybody does a fancy-shmancy edition of GHOST STORY I’m throwing down the credit card with no thought to the price.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Here's what I use, Tim:

Brodart Fold-On
    These are what I use but I am able to buy them locally at Powell's so I don't have to worry about shipping. They sell 8". 10" and 12". The 10" are what I use for most books.