No announcement yet.

Tasty Libation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother had his engagement party today. I had a couple Asahi Blacks, a couple Sam Adams Cold Snap and some shots of Jameson and some Makers Mark. We had a great party. I'm am doing just great right now (I need some water) .

I hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Comment

This thread has sat idle for a while so I decided to wake it up.

On a recent trip to Cannon Beach Oregon we happened upon a relatively new distillery in down town. They distill Gin, Rum, Bourbon and an Agave liquor that is distinct enough to not be called Tequila. I am a Bourbon guy but unfortunately they were sold out so I was unable to taste it. I am not a big fan of Gin but they distill it with a lighter Juniper taste so they were not bad. They had two Rums and both were very good. The real find was the Agave liquor. They call it "Il Keyote" and it is essentially a tequila made Bourbon style. Il Keyote has a very distinct flavor. It has a Tequila flavor but it drinks more like a fine Bourbon.

P1320540.jpgP1320541.jpg

Comment

Another tasty libation form my Cannon Beach Oregon trip. I always bring back several pounds of the local coffee roasters (Sleepy Monk) Monastery Blend whenever I go. This is consistently one of the best coffee's I have ever had:
        P1320711.jpg

Comment

Mr. Hocker mentioned how much he enjoyed Rogue Brewing's Honey Kolsch in another thread. As I like Rogue but have not tried this one I picked up a six pack .

I will give it a try tonight.

Side note, this is the first time I have tried a Rogue product in a can.
          P1370600.jpg

Comment

Cans are superior vessels for storage.

And I need to try this. I’ve brewed with honey before and it’s challenging. Curious to how Rogue does it.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Mr. Hocker mentioned how much he enjoyed Rogue Brewing's Honey Kolsch in another thread. As I like Rogue but have not tried this one I picked up a six pack .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20549[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20549[/ATTACH]
              So I really enjoy this one. Lighter than the Dead Guy Ale but a very nice flavor. This may be a summer time go to for me. Now my second favorite Rogue beer. Thanks for the suggestion Dan!

Comment

So I really enjoy this one. Lighter than the Dead Guy Ale but a very nice flavor. This may be a summer time go to for me. Now my second favorite Rogue beer. Thanks for the suggestion Dan!
                Huh didn't know it came in cans. I've only ever seen it in bottles, and sparingly honestly. Seems like it's hard to find out here on the east coast. It's super good though and my attempt to replicate it came out well, but there just something missing that I think comes from the fact that the honey comes from bees that pollinated the hop plants.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Huh didn't know it came in cans. I've only ever seen it in bottles, and sparingly honestly. Seems like it's hard to find out here on the east coast. It's super good though and my attempt to replicate it came out well, but there just something missing that I think comes from the fact that the honey comes from bees that pollinated the hop plants.
                  One of the many great things about living in the Pacific Northwest are the abundance of quality Micro-Breweries (Many are now stretching the Micro part, including Rogue) and many areas are now catching up with us on the local brew front. Some of my favorites are Rogue, McMenamins, Pelican and Crux. I also agree with you that the hop honey helps the Rogue beer. The honey blends in with the beer flavor really well.

Comment

One of the many great things about living in the Pacific Northwest are the abundance of quality Micro-Breweries (Many are now stretching the Micro part, including Rogue) and many areas are now catching up with us on the local brew front. Some of my favorites are Rogue, McMenamins, Pelican and Crux. I also agree with you that the hop honey helps the Rogue beer. The honey blends in with the beer flavor really well.
                    We have a ton of Micro's out here as well, it's just they all have kinda limited distribution. So micro in the truest sense. Many of them you can't even actually go into a store and buy their beer, the only place to actually get it, is from the brewery itself.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      We have a ton of Micro's out here as well, it's just they all have kinda limited distribution. So micro in the truest sense. Many of them you can't even actually go into a store and buy their beer, the only place to actually get it, is from the brewery itself.
                      We have many like that as well. Vector23, Fortside, Heathen, Trusty, Trapdoor, Loowit etc.. A recent trend that is really catching on are tap rooms that specialize in local brews and you can try many. I find these little breweries are very inconsistent with their product.

Comment

We have many like that as well. Vector23, Fortside, Heathen, Trusty, Trapdoor, Loowit etc.. A recent trend that is really catching on are tap rooms that specialize in local brews and you can try many. I find these little breweries are very inconsistent with their product.
                        We don't have too many small tap rooms like that, but we do have 1 or 2 Taphouses. Which are my favorite places. They're really just bars that have a ridiculous number of beers on tap. The one I go to the most has probably 100 different beers at any one time. There's one in Batlmore I've been to that's maybe got 200.

Instagram

Comment

Getting ready to watch some soccer and I’m finally trying Rogue’s Honey Kolsch.

(Fingers crosses this picture isn’t giant!)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Getting ready to watch some soccer and I’m finally trying Rogue’s Honey Kolsch.

(Fingers crosses this picture isn’t giant!)
                            That looks good!

Comment

That looks good!
                              It wasn’t too bad. Very refreshing after my long run on a hot day.

Comment

Had a local beer called Alpine Marzen yesterday...quite good.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X