Patrick's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(continued)

I told Neil that I read "Wolves in the Walls" (a children's book of his) to my sons and that they love it. He said that he thinks it's great for kids to have the opportunity to grow up on stories like that.

Meanwhile he signed my new "Absolute Sandman, Volume I." He drew Morpheus. Sweet.

(A huge beautiful edition. Here it is next to one of the standard softcovers to show relative size.)

With two inscribed, doodled, and signed books, that was my limit... or was it?

(continued)
    Last edited by Patrick; 11-26-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

(continued)

Then I told him that I have a 1-month old daughter and that I read her his book, BLUEBERRY GIRL, released a couple months ago (at the time). Neil Gaiman's book, BLUEBERRY GIRL, is a poem written years ago for a friend (Tori Amos) who was pregnant at the time with a little girl.

I told Neil that it was already flatsigned, but I would appreciate it if he could just inscribe it to my daughter.

He was happy to do so and, of course, he signed it after inscribing it - even though this was my third book of the day.

"Love and blueberries…" This last is my favorite of the three because it is so sweet and he is a kind man.

I walked back to my truck a few blocks away, my feet not quite touching the ground and drove the 80 miles home.

The End.
      Last edited by Patrick; 11-26-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Brilliant story! Many thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome narrative, Patrick, thanks for pics! Nice to have a Gaiman collector on hand! Great collection.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Brilliant Patrick, just bloody brilliant !!! Love the story that goes with the pictures, too, gives it an entire new dimension !!!

Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, Paul, Squire, and Grant. It was truly a memorable day.

I'll post a couple more, then I'll have to wait a few days until I get home and have time to dig out my most recent few Gaiman books for photos.

Comment

I like limited edition anthologies because you often get so many great autographs and often at such reasonable prices. It probably helps that I love short stories, too.

Here is the Signed/Limited edition of DARK DETECTIVES: ADVENTURES OF THE SUPERNATURAL SLEUTHS, signed by Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker, and others.

Endpapers:

This is #52 of only 100 copies:

Sample artwork from the interior:

Comment

Another anthology, this one is TAVERNS OF THE DEAD, signed by Neil Gaiman, Peter Straub, and many others you'll see listed in the next post.

The book under the dustjacket. Didn't expect purple, but I like it.

(continued)
                  Last edited by Patrick; 11-27-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

TAVERNS OF THE DEAD (continued)

This is #269 of 400:

This book contains the Gaiman story for which I posted a signed chapbook upthread:

Comment

BTW Patrick - thanks for giving me an awesome idea for a present for Connie's birthday next week !!!! In amongst the Gaiman's you posted yesterday was one of her absolute favourites, Coraline. I was able to source of these S/L editions locally (for a freaking change) that'll be delivered at the end of the week

That's one of the sweet things about this forum, and others like it, the exposure to new (different) authors, publishers and so on - the number of OMG's I've gotten out of collections such as yours, Mr Boone's and Siep's is terrific, and sure to see me destitute and homeless seven years before my five year plan said I would be

Comment

Love the pics of TotD, Patrick. I wiah I'd been able to get this one. I keep look at a copy online, but...not just now.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. And I thought I had a great Gaiman collection (he's second to King in my book). You've got quite a few here that I didn't know existed. I've seen Neil twice and both times were wonderful. My first signed edition, though, was that edition of Neverwhere. I picked it up at the local Waldenbooks when it was first released. I grabbed the second one on the pile, and when I opened it, was very surprised to see the signature. I asked the clerk when he had been there for a signing. The clerk said he hadn't been there, but sometimes they ship random signed books with the regular lot. Lucky me!!
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Grant, glad to help indirectly bring you and your loved one closer. Haha

Squire, you know you want a TAVERN, so go ahead and get one.

Glad to meet another Gaiman fan, Terry. Very cool surprise in your book!
                            Last edited by Patrick; 11-30-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Here is the Arthur C. Clarke tribute anthology FABLES FROM THE FOUNTAIN, with all original stories specifically written as homage to Clarke's TALES FROM THE WHITE HART. First edition (this the Signed Limited) published by NewCon Press in the UK in May 2011:

This is #22 of only 200 numbered copies:

Signed by all 20 authors, including Neil Gaiman:

Last edited by Patrick; 11-30-2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Here are a couple 1st/1st trade copies of the 10th Anniversary edition of Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS. This edition contains the Author's Preferred Text, so it's a bit longer than the originally released version.

Both of my copies are signed by the author:

I show both autographs because I find it interesting to compare the small differences in legit signatures.
                                Last edited by Patrick; 11-30-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X