11/22/63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/22/63

Well I thought there was a 11/22/63 thread on here somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to find it for the life of me. I thought you guys might be interested in this though. It's the new promo site for the book.

http://112263book.com/
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I bet it's in stores here already this weekend. We usually have the new King available before it goes on sale in the US or the UK.

sk

Comment

I got sent from work to this big book fair/expo we have each year. All sorts of publishers come and they show off their books and stuff like that. The Polish publisher of 11/22/63 was there so that's where I went first. But unfortunately they are unable to sell it until the 8th. If they did certain legal issues would arise and so on. I was also able to pick up a book for myself as there was some retailers there who sold books in English and I managed to snag some copies of something for someone on this forum, you know who you are. (in fact I was able to get a minor discount as I had a press ID, nothing big but at least the copies are fresh from the publisher! ) And I asked the lady who was running the stand for a free review copy of 11/22/63 (Dallas 63)... She said she'll look into it.

Comment

Ordered on Amazon and the audio cd and book CAME TODAY!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaa diving into this right now so excited!! Was resigned to one more night of waiting... Definitely a great surprise to come home to this after a long day at work.

Comment

Picked up my trade hardbound copy today. It is a long book.

Comment

A UK proof copy of 11.22.63 with the "Embargoed" statement on each page sold on eBay for more than $850:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260896787439...84.m1423.l2649

John

Comment

Wow! I don't follow proof market prices, but that seems over-the-top. What's your opinion? Is that price level going to hold for a while, or was it a non-recurring event?

Comment

I think it's a non-recurring event, although I'm not really sure. That's the only 11/22/63 proof (either US or UK) that I've seen on eBay. It seems awfully high to me.

John

Comment

Well, since I don't collect proofs, and I think you've already got this one - here's hoping it sets the market!

Comment

Have just finished this. I read a fair amount and this was the first book in quite a while that had me hooked from the beginning. It was the sort of book where I lost track of time (ironic really) when reading it. Yes it is a big book (and a big story) but unlike Under The Dome it didn't feel like it. I wanted the story to continue. For me it was the best thing of Mr Kings I had read since Bag of Bones and easily surpasses that in my mind. This will be one I will re read just to get sucked in all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                      ... Yes it is a big book (and a big story) but unlike Under The Dome it didn't feel like it. I wanted the story to continue. ...
                      Well stated, Paul. I loved this novel.

Comment

Hodder & Stoughton has published two states of the dust jacket for 11.22.63. The first (and seemingly more common) has the author's name in red, while the second is in silver. I have the silver version that I got from Amazon.co.uk and am looking for the red.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                          Hodder & Stoughton has published two states of the dust jacket for 11.22.63. The first (and seemingly more common) has the author's name in red, while the second is in silver. I have the silver version that I got from Amazon.co.uk and am looking for the red.

John
                          Argh !!!! Another variant to track down !!!!!

Comment

I think there are a couple copies of the red one sitting around here that showed up from amazon awhile ago. Although they probably aren't in the best of shape.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

My copy, also from amazon.uk has "Stephen King" in red.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                              X