No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, ok, very understandable. I have to be selective as well, or at least try to be, lol. Haven't read P&C myself either, but looking forward to checking them out. Will probably pass on more from them though until I know I like their work, at least until I have gotten a couple other books ordered
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Update on Relic: there are FOUR Lettered Editions left and the Limited Edition is 75% sold out!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/preschil02

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Great news, but not surprising. Can't wait to see it in person!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I realize that I have to be more selective about what I purchase.
          Speaking words of wisdom.....
          (I've gone way overboard, lately).

sk

Comment

Thanks for your support, Siep.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              (I've gone way overboard, lately).

sk
              "Lately" = 5 years? 10???

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                "Lately" = 5 years? 10???
                Haha...more like the last couple of weeks....

sk

Comment

So, I finished reading Reliquary. It was another great read. Intelligent suspense!! I liked it as much as Relic and I am looking forward to Cabinent of Curiosities after I finished the book I am reading now.

Comment

So, I finished reading Reliquary. It was another great read. Intelligent suspense!! I liked it as much as Relic and I am looking forward to Cabinent of Curiosities after I finished the book I am reading now.
                    I have read all of their cowritten books, most of Preston's solo work, and the most recent two of Child and I haven't found one I didn't like.

Comment

Brad, so are they all part of a series? If they are I hope Relic is the first.

Comment

Relic is the first of 10 novels in a sequence. The Gideon' Sword and Gideon's Corpse are the first two novels of a new sequence, based on characters in the first sequence. From what I understand. never read any of them.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                          Brad, so are they all part of a series? If they are I hope Relic is the first.
                          They are in a series and Relic is the first. I believe some smaller character from the series is in the Gideon books, but I don't think the Gideon books are really related. I read a little interview with one of the authors and they said they used the journalist from Relic in another book just because they needed a journalist and that character fit well. Anyway, the main series is:

The Pendergast Novels:

RELIC (1995)
                          RELIQUARY (1997)
                          CABINET OF CURIOSITIES (2002)
                          STILL LIFE WITH CROWS (2003)
                          BRIMSTONE (2004)
                          DANCE OF DEATH (2005)
                          BOOK OF THE DEAD (2006)
                          THE WHEEL OF DARKNESS (2007)
                          CEMETERY DANCE (2009)
                          FEVER DREAM (2010)
                          COLD VENGEANCE (2011)
                          TWO GRAVES (2012)

BRIMSTONE, DANCE OF DEATH and BOOK OF THE DEAD make up a trilogy within the series
                          FEVER DREAM, COLD VENGEANCE and TWO GRAVES make up another trilogy.

They are supposedly working on a 13th book now. I started CABINET OF CURIOSITIES this morning and love it so far.

Comment

Thanks for the list Brad, I can now take another few steps toward outright destitution

Comment

Thanks Brad! Well, I'll see how I like Relic when CD releases it.Then I guess I'll have to hunt down the rest, or wait for CD to release them...

Comment

Their stand-alones are good too. I particularly liked Riptide and Thunderhead. As an interesting side note, all of their books exist within the same universe so there are characters that appear in the Pendergast series, the Gideon series, and their stand-alones. I can only think of one that appears in all three of the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X