No announcement yet.

Signed Limited US 11/22/63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is in contracts. It is the same with textbooks, at least here in the US. With a lot of textbooks, you can buy one published overseas for less, but you have to shop the secondary market as they can't be sold here in stores or something. Usually the books are identical, but perhaps with a different cover and in softcover instead of hardcover, and if there is a difference it is typically going to be examples given in books.

Why are these things done like this? No clue, so will leave answering that to anyone who might know (Or just wants to make something up even, lol).
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      But .... Pete .... I WANT ONE
      Well, ok Grant, if you must...

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Well, ok Grant, if you must...

Learning-Materials--Poster-Self-Control-Is-Knowing--T-A63043_L.jpg (but doing it anyway )

Comment

Great, I get all the way to Checkout and the damn website dies...trying again....

Comment

At 0801 CT, It was sold out!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Now it won't check out...I wonder if they realized how many people would be hammering their site

Comment

I haven't been able to get through. hitting the button constantly for the past 1/2 hour.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The same thing happened to CD for T25AE of IT. Oh well.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

There's one up for auction on ebay already!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-22-63-Ste...item3cbe0e6061
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm still sitting at the checkout page, but it won't actually check me out. I wonder if I still have a copy sitting in the basket? Oh well, I don't think this is happening today.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        There's one up for auction on ebay already!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-22-63-Ste...item3cbe0e6061
                        And sold already!

Comment

interesting. there were 2 days on the auction. Maybe they didn't get one, either.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            interesting. there were 2 days on the auction. Maybe they didn't get one, either.
                            Someone with deep pockets may have just made them an offer. I'm sure we'll see more copies on ebay soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                              Someone with deep pockets may have just made them an offer. I'm sure we'll see more copies on ebay soon.
                              Which is just terrible. There are enough of us collectors out here who wanted that book to have the book, not to try to make a quick buck, and I fear that's where most of them will end up. I was very unimpressed with the special editions that they put out for "Under the Dome", but this one sounded like it would be a bit better. But I'd still rather have a small press put out the special editions. You get better production, a nice limitations page with numbers, etc.

FYI, the web site is still not working.

Did any of you guys have any luck???
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Hey guys, I finally got through only to find out they are having web site problems. I"m shocked!

Here's the message: "DEAR CUSTOMERS - S&S IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH ITS ECOMMERCE SHOPPING CART. WE ARE WORKING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND WILL RESUME SALES OF THE SPECIAL SIGNED EDITION AT 10:30AM EST ON THURSDAY, 11/10/11. WE WILL HONOR ANY ORDERS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLACED. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE, WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

So we might still have a chance!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X