No announcement yet.

Signed Limited US 11/22/63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After two hours of pure frustration, I was finally able to order a copy, thanks to some of the workarounds the people at TDT.org supplied. My credit card has been charged, but I still don't have a confirmation email.

The idiots at the IT department at S&S deserve a big phhht!

John

Comment

Congrats, John. Unfortunately that trick doesn't seem to be working now, probably since they've suspended sales until Thursday.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        Did any of you guys have any luck???
        Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!
        I managed to snag two( count 'em!!) copies!

sk

Comment

Just kidding, guys!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            Hey guys, I finally got through only to find out they are having web site problems. I"m shocked!

Here's the message: "DEAR CUSTOMERS - S&S IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH ITS ECOMMERCE SHOPPING CART. WE ARE WORKING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND WILL RESUME SALES OF THE SPECIAL SIGNED EDITION AT 10:30AM EST ON THURSDAY, 11/10/11. WE WILL HONOR ANY ORDERS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLACED. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE, WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

So we might still have a chance!!!
            Hmm, I better schedule a fake meeting for Thursday...don't want anyone bothering me while I try to snag a copy!

Comment

Allow me to quote my favorite war-time moralist:

Spoiler!

They knew this would happen; if they didn't, they deserved to join the ranks of the unemployed...
              Last edited by srboone; 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I won't bother with this one, don't have the cash, and it'll be a rat race just to snag a copy...

Doesn't mean I don't want one though!

Comment

ARGH !!!! The suspense is driving me nuckin' futs

Comment

Simon & Schuster has delayed the next ordering cycle for the signed 11/22/63 until Thursday, November 10, starting at 10:30am. Here's the new link:

http://pages.simonandschuster.com/112263signed

John

Comment

Not only was it delayed, it has now changed to a freakin' lottery! What a pain in the ass these people are.

Apparently the workaround for last time was simply to order an additional book (anything that was not the SK limited) and add it to your cart. That canceled the attempt to apply the free shipping coupon, which is what was causing the site to hang. I gave up around 10:30, but they honored orders placed up to 12pm, dammit.

Comment

I got a confirmation screen that my order went through at 11:06am Tuesday, but no confirmation email. My credit card account shows the charge as "Pending". I just hope I got a copy.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                          I got a confirmation screen that my order went through at 11:06am Tuesday, but no confirmation email. My credit card account shows the charge as "Pending". I just hope I got a copy.

John
                          John, people over at TheDarkTower.org called S&S customer service to confirm their orders. It might be worth a call just to make sure it gets processed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            John, people over at TheDarkTower.org called S&S customer service to confirm their orders. It might be worth a call just to make sure it gets processed.
                            I agree. I called yesterday and subsequently received a confirmation email from S&S customer service confirming my order. BTW I shared the email (from S&S) over on .org. Good Luck!

P.S. I'm curious what the folks here at CD really and truly think of this meltdown by S&S. What a cluster muck.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                              P.S. I'm curious what the folks here at CD really and truly think of this meltdown by S&S. What a cluster muck.
                              Yeah, that was a disaster. After looking at their website earlier in the week I wasn't surprised. It looks like total crap on both IE and Firefox.

How hard can it be to figure out how many people will be hitting your site based on the number of SK books sold every year? Pathetic work by their IT department.

Comment

I think I've made my feelings clear. But for anybody who is still uncertain about my feelings:

Spoiler!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X