This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Thank you gents. All I got for my Birthday was the FLU LOL!! Been in bed for 4 days.
    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can celebrate your birthday when you are feeling better.

Comment

Thank you gents. All I got for my Birthday was the FLU LOL!! Been in bed for 4 days.
      feel better soon.

Comment

Bummer, hope you are feeling better.

Comment

Hope you feel better before you next birthday!

Comment

Birthday Greetings Sock Monkey!th (1).jpg Have some cake:

Comment

Happy B-Day, Keith!

Comment

Happy birthday!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Sock Monkey! Let's have another year of great reads!

bookstacks.jpg
                  “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                  -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks, everybody! It was a pretty mellow birthday. I pretty much just hung around the house, watched the new Criterion Blu-ray of Cronenberg's The Brood and then went to my sister-in-law's for dinner. Overall, pretty nice way to spend the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Thanks, everybody! It was a pretty mellow birthday. I pretty much just hung around the house, watched the new Criterion Blu-ray of Cronenberg's The Brood and then went to my sister-in-law's for dinner. Overall, pretty nice way to spend the day!
                      Sounds like a good way to spend the day! The Brood is a great flick. It may even be my favourite Cronenberg (hard to really choose though).

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Sounds like a good way to spend the day! The Brood is a great flick. It may even be my favourite Cronenberg (hard to really choose though).
                        It truly is underrated. Everyone goes on about The Fly and Videodrome--and rightfully, because they are great movies--but The Brood has some fantastic performances in it. I want to make my way through Cronenberg's filmography to fill in the gaps.

Comment

I haven't seen his most recent works since Eastern Promises, nor have I seen his first couple, Fast Company and Shivers, but I have seen the rest. A pretty staggering output really.
                          Last edited by Theli; 12-01-2016, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I saw Shivers a LONG time ago (20 years or so) and remember liking it, though it is by far not his best movie. I'd like to rewatch it, but it doesn't seem to be on a Region 1 Blu at this time. I really need to invest in a Region-Free player. I remember seeing Dead Ringers shortly after Shivers and it completely messing with me. I walked away from that movie feeling beat up and drained. I really need to revisit now that Scream Factory has released a new remastered Blu of it. Eastern Promises was also his last new movie that I've seen. I'd really like him to do another horror movie, even if it wasn't in the vein of body horror.

Comment

Happy belated birthday, Sock Monkey!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Squire, hope you are doing well!
                                nightmare_before_christmas_cake.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X