Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,281 to 1,293 of 1293

Thread: Birthday greetings for forum members

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    At your suggestion I did try that one and it is a good summer beer. My favorite beer it their Dead Guy Ale!
    I like Dead Guy, but I think the older I get, the more "mellow" a beer I prefer. I think I drank and liked every IPA that existed 10 years ago, now these days I'm super picky.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    I've never been much of a hop-head, but am even much less so these days...plus, like you, Dan, I've also mellowed my tastes in general. The stouts that I used to enjoy have given way to Ambers and Blondes, even a lager. That said, my default go-to beer is still a brown or a Scotch ale, if they have either (which typically is tough to find in these hop-loving area of WA state), and dubbels are always nice. But anything in that malty Amber/Brown/Scotch range down to a Blonde is my sweet spot...I don't even look at IPAs any more. My two current favorites are Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale and Black Raven Second Sight Scotch ale...fortunately I know where to find those two around here. But I do like to mix it up from time to time with something else malty and light(ish).

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I like Dead Guy, but I think the older I get, the more "mellow" a beer I prefer. I think I drank and liked every IPA that existed 10 years ago, now these days I'm super picky.
    I have to admit that I rarely drink beer. For several years Dead Guy was probably my favorite beer. Currently if it is available the Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale would be my go to.
    tangerine-beer.png

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have to admit that I rarely drink beer. For several years Dead Guy was probably my favorite beer. Currently if it is available the Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale would be my go to.
    tangerine-beer.png
    I don't think I could even pick a favorite beer. I don't think I drink any one beer consistently enough for it to be my favorite. When I go out it's usually to either breweries or tap rooms and I drink a different beer every glass. Mostly lately I've been exploring weird and different ciders, and well bourbon.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I don't think I could even pick a favorite beer. I don't think I drink any one beer consistently enough for it to be my favorite. When I go out it's usually to either breweries or tap rooms and I drink a different beer every glass. Mostly lately I've been exploring weird and different ciders, and well bourbon.
    I probably drink one to two beers a month so calling one a favorite is a stretch. But is my current go to if it is available. I love a good Bourbon. Unfortunately to local distillers are still finding their way around here. I have only found one local whiskey worth ordering. Funny thing is it drinks like a bourbon to my and drinks like a scotch to my friend who loves scotch.

It is McMenanim's Hogshead Whiskey:
    WWM-HogsheadWhiskey.jpg

There is a distiller in Cannon Beach Oregon that is purported to make some fantastic whiskey but the problem is that make it in such small batches they sell out within days of release. They have said they would be willing to email upon release but it is almost a two hour drive to get it at that point so have not bothered. Especially when I am not sure which one I would prefer and they release one at a time.
    whiskey+lineup.jpg

When it comes to spirits, rum is my spirit of choice. While not as popular in these parts as whiskey and bourbon, it does seem to be gaining some popularity...just in the last few couple years two rum distilleries have opened up nearby (in Woodinville, for local folks) for tours, tastings, etc. Kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    When it comes to spirits, rum is my spirit of choice. While not as popular in these parts as whiskey and bourbon, it does seem to be gaining some popularity...just in the last few couple years two rum distilleries have opened up nearby (in Woodinville, for local folks) for tours, tastings, etc. Kinda fun.
    I have been able to taste a couple of Cannon Beach Distillers Rums and they make some good stuff. If you get down to the north Oregon coast you may want to check them out.

Will do — thanks for the tip. My in-laws live on the Oregon coast, so I’ll be there at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Will do — thanks for the tip. My in-laws live on the Oregon coast, so I’ll be there at some point.
    Whenever I stop in they have several rums and several gins. The rums are really nice, the gins are good for gin put still kind of like drinking perfume. There Agave is nice as well.

Birthday greetings to ozmosis7, hope you have a great day!
    bat-creature-cake.jpg

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Happy B-Day!

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Happy Birthday!

birthday cardinal.png

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated.