Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, his B-day is not on the forum calendar, but if Wikipedia is to be believed (shudder), then today is....

.....Ronald Kelly's Birthday!

So, Ron, me and some of my friends (and yours, too, I think; they were so excited!)

friends.JPG

made you a cake! Enjoy!

spidey-cake-1.jpg

Happy Birthday, Ron!
    Last edited by srboone; 11-20-2011, 08:48 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks, Squire! I appreciate it.

I'd love to have a cool cake like that. It makes me cringe to wonder what might be hiding in the middle of it, though...

Comment

Have a good one Ron! Any special birthday traditions?

Comment

Happy Birthday, Ron!

P.S. Squire: That first picture makes my skin crawl...good job!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
            Happy Birthday, Ron!

P.S. Squire: That first picture makes my skin crawl...good job!
            Thanks. It came from a tourist's guide to Australia.

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Happy Birthday Ron

I like those pictures, lol! Spider's don't bother me at all. I saw some very large spiders when I was in South Korea for a short time in the Army, including some of their gigantic webs that were bigger than I am at 5'5"! No matter their size though, they do NOT like having cigarette smoke blown at them, lol
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

WOW! While one of my dreams is to travel to New Zealand I certainly think (if possible) I will skip Australia. Any commnets Mr. Wotton!
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  Happy Birthday Ron

I like those pictures, lol! Spider's don't bother me at all. I saw some very large spiders when I was in South Korea for a short time in the Army, including some of their gigantic webs that were bigger than I am at 5'5"! No matter their size though, they do NOT like having cigarette smoke blown at them, lol
                  It all stems from Ron's story "Housewarming" in his Cumberland Furnace collection (the Bad Moon book--I don't know about the audio collection). Creepy!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    ...No matter their size though, they do NOT like having cigarette smoke blown at them, lol
                    Good info! Maybe I shouldn't have quit 10 years ago.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Have a good one Ron! Any special birthday traditions?
                      Thanks, Peter. We went out to eat last night (I had lasagna!), but today I'm just hanging out at the house with the wife and kids. Watched a few movies and took a nice nap (that's what you do when you're 52, right?). At supper I'm going to dig into a huge homemade German chocolate cake!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        It all stems from Ron's story "Housewarming" in his Cumberland Furnace collection (the Bad Moon book--I don't know about the audio collection). Creepy!
                        Funny, I wrote one of the Cemetery Dance Be A Star stories for a lady in Australia and it was about spiders. Apparently, alot of folks have a fear of eight-leggers.

BTW, "Housewarming" will be in the audio version of THE SICK STUFF, while my Cajun spider tale "The Web of La Sanguinaire" will be in Dark Dixie II, both coming from Crossroad Press and Audible.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                          Thanks, Peter. We went out to eat last night (I had lasagna!), but today I'm just hanging out at the house with the wife and kids. Watched a few movies and took a nice nap (that's what you do when you're 52, right?). At supper I'm going to dig into a huge homemade German chocolate cake!
                          Outstanding, Ron! Sounds like a good day. That's what it's all about!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Happy birthday! I hope you took the day completely off.

Comment

Good info! Maybe I shouldn't have quit 10 years ago.
                              Well, maybe not, but I have a feeling you're better off having quit, lol. I'm better for quitting (cold turkey, with no cravings except one despite smoking about 10 years) just over 5 years ago. Besides, I doubt the spiders in MO get as big as the ones I saw in Korea so you should be fine. It was pretty funny seeing how fast those things could move though, even the really fat ones, lol
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Thanks. It came from a tourist's guide to Australia.

Spoiler!
                                Mr Boone, why post a picture of a Huntsman (about as harmfull as pair of granny's 2nd hand knickers) - we get one, two, three of these a year in our house - they come in for one of two reasons:

1) there's an impending thunderstorm or prolonged wet weather;
                                2) to die.

Since Connie and I moved to Parramatta, we've had two come stay with us, both, unfortunately, for the latter purpose.

Both have been named Boris - (I & II) and both have perched up on the bedroom wall, stayed there a couple of weeks, then .. well, the next thing is it's dead
                                Last edited by Grant Wootton; 11-21-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X