This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday!
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Thanks all !!! Float On !!!!

balloon2.jpg

Comment

Okay, so this isn't a birthday greeting, but Grant's picture reminded me of this story.

Back when "It" was first released, I was in college and worked part time at a Pizza Hut restaurant. One of the other cooks was a buddy and she was also dating my brother at the time, we'll call her K--. She was also a King fan and was reading "It", and like most readers was seriously freaked out. (Hey, even I avoided the storm drains as I walked around campus for a while after reading) Anyway, K-- didn't drive, but lived fairly close to the Hut, so every once in a while I'd drive her home. There was a storm drain right, smack dab in front of her apartment building. And being a family friendly restaurant, we had a helium tank and balloons on hand. I was so, so tempted to blow up a bunch, write 'WE ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE', and hang them coming out of that storm drain. But I couldn't bring myself to do it.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Would have been the best joke ever!

Or the worst joke gone wrong if it turned out she had a weak heart a suffered a heart attack from the scare...

Comment

She didn't have a weak heart, but I was afraid I'd put too much of a scare into her.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Cool story Terry - however; I would have played it through (then again, I'm just plain evil that way )

Comment

Yes you are. Heck, I would have done it to any of you guys!

Ah, those were the days. I also remember first getting "The Books of Blood, Vol. 1" when it was released in paperback in the US and reading it on break at the Hut. Bad idea. I really didn't know what I was in for and "Midnight Meat Train" almost had me puking in the breakroom.

Comment

Happy birthday dear forum, happy birthday to you!

(I'm going by the date that Dan set up his profile here, as I guess he was the first to set up an account).

Comment

I actually think Brian's account was first, as the web people set it up. Though I'm pretty sure I added mine the same day. Although I don't think we went public for a little while as I had to create all the sections of the forums, the user groups, the rules, and the theme and what not.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yeah, I think the next account was a few days later, somewhere around the end of April.

Comment

So, time for free prizes all around then ???

Comment

I have a contest coming your guys way in a little bit. I just upgraded the forms and I'm trying to fix the things it screwed up currently.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I have a contest coming your guys way in a little bit. I just upgraded the forms and I'm trying to fix the things it screwed up currently.
                            Ahh, I sent you a pm that something was a bit off, but now I just noticed this post!

Comment

Happy Birthday Jester!

Comment

Happy birthday Jester, many more to you.
                                "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Working...
                                X