Thread: Bird box sequel

Junior Member Part-timer

Bird box sequel

Just saw that the sequel to BIRD BOX by Josh Malerman is due out Oct 01 this year. It is titled MALORIE A BIRD BOX novel.

While I know some were mixed on the first book I thought it was a fine read and am looking forward to seeing this one from my library.

Jim

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I liked the first one quite a bit, but don't feel a big draw for a sequel.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Odd. I loved the first book but never felt there was more story to tell. Either way I will read this.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I liked the first novel but must agree that I did not leave wanting more. I may read it someday but am not itching for it.

Any update on the sequel or follow-up? I saw it's coming out but do not know much about it. I think DRP is publishing a special edition..,but again, don't know much about it.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Any update on the sequel or follow-up? I saw it's coming out but do not know much about it. I think DRP is publishing a special edition..,but again, don't know much about it.
    Malerman posted on social media recently that he wanted to tinker with the book a little more and the pub date was pushed to July 2020. That's also the date that DRP is shooting for.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Malerman posted on social media recently that he wanted to tinker with the book a little more and the pub date was pushed to July 2020. That's also the date that DRP is shooting for.
    I heard he was taking more time because he wanted to do it as a co-writing project with Bentley Little. In other news, Jeff's mind just split in half.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I heard he was taking more time because he wanted to do it as a co-writing project with Bentley Little. In other news, Jeff's mind just split in half.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Hahahaha Iíd still read it! Iíd probably buy it! I might even enjoy it! The only disaster for me would be a Suntup Edition of a book that Bentley Little wrote all by himself. Priced at $200. That would break me. My ego would eat my id and my soul would be torn apart quicker than if the Hell Priest got ahold of Walter Whiteís blue meth and got Mach 5 high and saw someone solving a Rubikís Cube in an alley wearing a Pinhead t-shirt.

Did you know that Bentley Little is co-authoring a book with his real self? Bentley Little and Lentley Biggle. It's an epic small press publication.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Hahahaha I’d still read it! I’d probably buy it! I might even enjoy it! The only disaster for me would be a Suntup Edition of a book that Bentley Little wrote all by himself. Priced at $200. That would break me. My ego would eat my id and my soul would be torn apart quicker than if the Hell Priest got ahold of Walter White’s blue meth and got Mach 5 high and saw someone solving a Rubik’s Cube in an alley wearing a Pinhead t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Did you know that Bentley Little is co-authoring a book with his real self? Bentley Little and Lentley Biggle. It's an epic small press publication.
    Then Iíll buy two copies! And read them backwards. Maybe thatís the key.