Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my notice too!!!!!!

Comment

UPS must have a light day today. "End of Day" usually means between 5 and 8 pm. But package was waiting for mme when I awoke at 1 pm.! yay!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Mine is not even scheduled to be here until the 22nd.
        Originally posted by srboone View Post
        UPS must have a light day today. "End of Day" usually means between 5 and 8 pm. But package was waiting for mme when I awoke at 1 pm.! yay!

Comment

I find that wilth a lot of carriers, either really close or really distant take a lo-o-o-ng time to get here, but Kansas City is just about right. An order by UPS from CD take about 2 days to get here, but a UPS order from Overland Park KS (40 miles from my home) takes a week!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's really weird. UPS's ship times are pretty consistent for us. Basically as long as it isn't a really rural delivery area, any state bordering MD plus New Jersey and most of New York are 1 day points. Then just about everything else to the East of the Missipi is a 2 day point, with the exception of maybe Florida. Outside that I'm not really sure where the 3 day and 4 day points are. I know Colorado is a 4 day point and I know the states on the west coast are typically 5 day points with UPS.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks Dan.I think we get the point.
              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              That's really weird. UPS's ship times are pretty consistent for us. Basically as long as it isn't a really rural delivery area, any state bordering MD plus New Jersey and most of New York are 1 day points. Then just about everything else to the East of the Missipi is a 2 day point, with the exception of maybe Florida. Outside that I'm not really sure where the 3 day and 4 day points are. I know Colorado is a 4 day point and I know the states on the west coast are typically 5 day points with UPS.

Comment

Well, there's 3 UPS dropoffs in KC. When I gets shipped locally, it gets bounced to all three of them; sometimes, it even misses the truck and gets delayed in kc, to go to another point in...kc. But I've only ordered one item from a local storefront and it may have been an isolated incident.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And then there are people like me who live in the covered wagon era where somewhere along the delivery way, the delivery person is reading my books. I'm sure of it.
                  "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Passes time on the pony express, Hedda.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"
                      Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                      And then there are people like me who live in the covered wagon era where somewhere along the delivery way, the delivery person is reading my books. I'm sure of it.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel sometimes, Martin.

And I wouldn't mind the Pony Express riders reading my stuff srb, but all that horse hair in the pages really ticks me off.
                        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Mine is expected the 21st though I won't be home yet
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Mine is due the 22nd. Right now, it's sitting in Greensboro, NC --which is where my last book sat for a week! Somebody in Greensboro loves Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Someone over on Shocklines asked if it was signed. That made me giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
                                Someone over on Shocklines asked if it was signed. That made me giggle.
                                That would make it EXTREMELY VALUABLE. It's not everyday that you can have a book signed by a dearly departed writer. Makes for a good horror story

Comment

Working...
                                X