Halloween Movies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Movies...

So, I need some suggestions for Halloween. I need two movies, one that I can watch with my wife (so, not too gory or scary, something maybe along the lines of The Others or Dexter for example). And then one for myself (here, anything goes ) Preferably, something recent, but really can be anything.

What will you be watching on Halloween??

I'm gonna be doing a marathon of season one of The Waking Dead. Haven't een able to watch it yet, so it's slated for Halloween.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hmmm...that is a great idea for any sort of party Srboone. My kids aren't primed for much horror, so we might do the Green Mile and things at that level of scary. They really can't deal with much beyond that, although I think their mother is holding them back. If it were up to me we would be watching Hellraiser. Hmmm, Of course, maybe she is right, I am a bit twisted.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

There should always be a viewing of Carpenter's "Halloween". My wife and I caught a few minutes on AMC last night with the story notes. (BTW, if I was planning to watch, I'd definitely break out the DVD and not watch it cut up on TV)
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I keep reminding my sister that I've got plenty fo horror films when Zach (he's five) is ready! SHe's been kinda wary of me since the 80's....
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yes, very nice and all, but where's the suggestions?!?!

A Walking Dead marathon is nice, unfortunately I'm all caught up there, just saw the most recent episode yesterday.

Comment

You've probably already seen it, but REC (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/) was a very good horrormovie. Maybe more for you than for your wife, though...

Comment

Well, Hellraiser
                Original Friday the 13th
                Omen
                Psycho
                Evil Dead 2
                Army of the Dead
                Original Halloween
                Texas Chainsaw Masacre
                Hmmm...

Comment

Oh, and Piranha (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464154/) for a bit of utter nonsense and boobs!

Comment

And the Peanuts Halloween special is key.

Comment

All I noticed was "boobs"... I think we have ourselves a winner here!

On a more serious note, I haven't seen REC yet so that might be good for me.

Ken, good classics, unfortunately I've seen them all. I was however tempted to rewatch Halloween or one of the first Jason movies, but then i figured I should give something new a shot. The Peanuts Halloween special I have not seen yet, so there's one I'll add to my potential list. Thanks!

Comment

Ah, sorry. I don't follow a lot of the newer stuff. I tired The Ring because I heard it was extremely scary, but it was just okay for me. A good movie, but not super scary. Just really weird. If you like the Sci-Fi type horror thing, The Button wasn't bad. Hmmm....maybe the Grudge? I haven't watched it, but the commercial scared my kids. You could queue up the new show, American Horror Story. There are a few episodes of that out, and I've heard it is great. Maybe it would help to mention a few films I have DVR'd on my machine: The Haunting in Connecticut, Splice, The Unborn, Clive Barker's Books of Blood. I've also been keen on catching up and seeing Hostel, and a couple others I can't remember at the moment. Hope that helps some.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                          On a more serious note, I haven't seen REC yet so that might be good for me.
                          No - don't bother.
                          It's got a few boo-moments, lots of silly screaming, lots of shaky-camera shots and that's it.
                          I was very disappointed as I expected so much more.

sk

Comment

I just looked through a list on IMDb of "recent underrated horror movies". Top on their list was "The Mist". Definite must see if you haven't already. "Descent" was the only other one listed that I've seen and can recommend.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The descent was very nice, I'd recommend that one as well. The mist was quite fun, but in all fairness, not a very good movie. A bit silly, definitely not scary.

I'd also recommend The Exorcist III. Overall not a brilliant movie, and the ending is a bit of a disappointment, but there's one scene in that movie - and those that have seen it know which one I'm talking about - that makes it all worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X