X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mist was fantastic.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The Disney version, Bing Crosby, nice, fun and safe. Something with some horror and humor? The original Fright Night? With Roddy Mcdowall.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
        I'd also recommend The Exorcist III. Overall not a brilliant movie, and the ending is a bit of a disappointment, but there's one scene in that movie - and those that have seen it know which one I'm talking about - that makes it all worth it.
        Yeah, that's one of the few times I've almost freaked out in a theater. I loved Exorcist III (aka the adaptation of "Legion"). George C. Scott does a great job of filling in for Lee J. Cobb. (As he also did in a remake of 12 Angry Men).

Ooh, and speaking of George C. Scott... Have you ever seen "The Changeling"? A great ghost story. Perfect for the family.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          Ooh, and speaking of George C. Scott... Have you ever seen "The Changeling"? A great ghost story. Perfect for the family.
          Yes, loved it. Nothing gory, but a nice, creepy ghost story!

sk

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Ken, I'll look into that show you mentioned as I'm always looking for a good series to watch! The Button sounds interesting, I've been playing lots of Dead Space 2 recently so sci fi horror is right up my alley. Try the Japanese version of The Ring, its a lot scarier!

TerryE, I didn't even know IMDB had a list like that, thanks! I'll look into Descent.

mhatchett (Mike?) Thats a good one! I've seen it of course, but I don't think the wife has.

Regarding the Exorcsit III, do I need to have seen II to get the plot? (was II the one where they found that church buried in Africa or someplace?)

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              Yeah, that's one of the few times I've almost freaked out in a theater. I loved Exorcist III (aka the adaptation of "Legion"). George C. Scott does a great job of filling in for Lee J. Cobb. (As he also did in a remake of 12 Angry Men).

The Changeling, now that might be what I have been looking for to see with the wife, a creepy ghost story. Thanks!

Comment

No, the third part of The Exorcist completely disregards the second part. You can skip the second part.

Comment

Exorcist II was written by a different person to try to capitalize on the original's fame. Late Blatty wrote Legion which would become EIII.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                    Hmmm....maybe the Grudge? I haven't watched it, but the commercial scared my kids.
                    If you decide to go this way, please watch the original Japanese version, Ju-on rather than the U.S. remake. Or at least watch Ju-on first.

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    No - don't bother.
                    It's got a few boo-moments, lots of silly screaming, lots of shaky-camera shots and that's it.
                    I was very disappointed as I expected so much more.

sk
                    Actually, do bother. [REC] is one of the better, more effective horror movies to come out recently. It avoids "the stupid" that so many have, plus it is genuinely creepy with lots of building tension.

Comment

Working...
                    X