X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another casting update!

http://deadline.com/2015/12/idris-el...ey-1201663530/
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      I have not seen Elba in enough to have an opinion. Hopefully it is a good choice.

Comment

While Elba is not what I pictured when reading the first Dark Tower book, I think it's a great choice for the movie. He's a fantastic actor and adds so much gravity to each role he plays. I say let him keep his accent as well. The idea of Elba and McConaughey is a dynamic choice. But as it is with this project, I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

I think I will be passing on this. I am so disappointed in most of the casting. I think they are steering to far from the books. Yes I am ok with some liberties being taken by the director and the writer of the screen play but I think this is going to be a big mess and we will end up with only part of the series being made. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            I think I will be passing on this. I am so disappointed in most of the casting. I think they are steering to far from the books. Yes I am ok with some liberties being taken by the director and the writer of the screen play but I think this is going to be a big mess and we will end up with only part of the series being made. Just my opinion.
            I was shocked yesterday when I read the casting for what was called 'female lead'. Then I read the article and realized she was cast as Susan Delgado and not Susannah Dean. I felt much better.

Comment

I just don't think the director has a clue. I have read a couple of interviews and I have been left baffled by his thinking on this. I really wonder how much of the series he has read.

Comment

Well it looks like book one is a go. Filming is now set to begin in seven weeks with a theatrical release date of January 13, 2017. Idris Elba and Mathew McConaughey are both confirmed. Abbey Lee is still listed in the role as Roland's wife. No other casting choices are mentioned. It will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  It will be interesting.
                  To say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Well it looks like book one is a go. Filming is now set to begin in seven weeks with a theatrical release date of January 13, 2017. Idris Elba and Mathew McConaughey are both confirmed. Abbey Lee is still listed in the role as Roland's wife. No other casting choices are mentioned. It will be interesting.
                    Lilja's Library suggested the first movie is to be based on the third book but also noted that King's main concession was having the gunslinger's famous first line be the start of the movie which is being kept. It doesn't make any sense to me. Hopefully his information is just wrong

Comment

Tons of spirited talk on this thread at TDT.org as well. I think Lilja also said he'd like to see Andrew Lincoln portray Roland. I think that would have been an excellent idea!

Comment

I'll be interested to see what happens. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to play out now, as originally their plan was like 3 movies and a companion TV show or something like that, but there hasn't been mention of the TV show in awhile. I hadn't heard Lilja's info anywhere else, but most of the movie news shows / podcasts I watch / listen to seem to think Idris Elba is going to be playing Roland and Matthew McConaughey is going to be playing The Man in Black. It's different, which is why I like it. Plus McConaughey has been long rumored as playing Randall Flagg in the upcoming adaptation of The Stand, so to cast the same actor in both roles seems perfect to me.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Attached article talks about Aaron Paul playing Eddie Dean. It speculates that the first movie may contain elements of the first three books.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-3-7/sourc...ark-tower-film

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I'll be interested to see what happens. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to play out now, as originally their plan was like 3 movies and a companion TV show or something like that, but there hasn't been mention of the TV show in awhile. I hadn't heard Lilja's info anywhere else, but most of the movie news shows / podcasts I watch / listen to seem to think Idris Elba is going to be playing Roland and Matthew McConaughey is going to be playing The Man in Black. It's different, which is why I like it. Plus McConaughey has been long rumored as playing Randall Flagg in the upcoming adaptation of The Stand, so to cast the same actor in both roles seems perfect to me.
                            I agree on the McConaughey aspect, Dan. Smart move. I was totally against this project at first as it was so far off the path of "The Beam" if you will but now I realize it's going to be something all into itself. I think you have to approach it like that or you'll be sorely disappointed. As the saying goes, "This will not be your father's Dark Tower".

Comment

Look like Jake Chambers has been cast.

http://sciencefiction.com/2016/03/12...jake-chambers/

Comment

The Man in Black
                                The Man In Black.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X