• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something (again, a month old) I found on The Stand movie:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/0...-of-the-stand/

Nothing earth-shattering, but amusing.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hey Molly Ringwald, oops, I mean Squire, that article is 1 year and 1 month old. And Uncle Stevie is right, Billy Bob would make a great Trashcan Man. I'm guessing he didn't like Molly Ringwald as Frannie. I didn't either, and Frannie was one of my favorite characters in the book. On my trip to Stephen King Country 20 years ago, I watched the sun rise at Ogunquit beach, where Frannie's baby was conceived.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

SIGH. Instead of rehashing films that have already been done, when might we get to see some NEW King movies? I have been waiting...and waiting....for Cell, From a Buick 8 etc. I am hopin' and prayin' that since Darabont was prematurely exited from The Walking Dead that he now has the time and is working on his long awaited version of The Long Walk.

P.S. IMHO NOBODY will play the part of Pennywise the way Tim Curry did. I just can't amp myself up about this rumored remake. Unless I see a kick ass trailer...

Comment

My only reason for partially but not really wishing the stand doesn't get made is my pure hatred for Ben Affleck. Also, the Tv Mini was HORRIBLE! I know there's time constraints and it was a long ass book but entire characters were removed that's just wrong. I hate the movie IT by the way. I hope I don't feel the same about the book when I finally get around to reading it. I did however love Tim Curry in it.

Comment

I have not seen the It mini series in many years but as I remember it the first two hours follows the book well and then the next two hours just sort of jumps over major components of the story. I tis however one f his top books. Teri, I would be shocked if you did not like it.
            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            My only reason for partially but not really wishing the stand doesn't get made is my pure hatred for Ben Affleck. Also, the Tv Mini was HORRIBLE! I know there's time constraints and it was a long ass book but entire characters were removed that's just wrong. I hate the movie IT by the way. I hope I don't feel the same about the book when I finally get around to reading it. I did however love Tim Curry in it.

Comment

After paying $125 for the 25th I better like it. Lol.

Comment

Teri, you'll love IT. I think most fans put it in their top 5 King books, no matter what their favorite book or writing period is. It is one of the 3 scariest books I've ever read, and one of King's best stories, and a great bunch of characters. All around wonderful.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

On top of that, King uses my favorite word in the English language in it! DEFENESTRATE.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    On top of that, King uses my favorite word in the English language in it! DEFENESTRATE.
                    I had to google it but thats an awesome word

Comment

My favorite mode of assassination. Assassination by defenestration.

Comment

Everybody should have a favorite word. And then try to use it it everyday conversation! I was able to use it quite often when discussing the movie Braveheart: King Longchamps (pronounced "shanks" in the movie") defenestrated the...military advisor.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

my favorite word is much more simple, ridiculous, which I often spell wrong even though I know the difference. Simply because so much shit is just "rediculous" these days

Comment

My favorite has always been antidisestablishmentarianism, but it's hard to use on a regular basis.

Comment

My second favorite word is a lot easier to use in conversation: penultimate. But my third favorite word must be used with caution: callipygian. Not all girls appreciate having that adjective applied to them. Some of them slap. Really...hard.
                              Last edited by srboone; 03-09-2012, 04:44 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's a new one on me, but I must say that I do like a callipygian girl. I guess you're getting slapped by women who don't know the meaning!

Comment

Working...
                                X