No announcement yet.

Favorite Horror TV Shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll definitely add it to the things I need to revisit (a long list...)
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
      One of my earliest TV memories is an episode of Night Gallery. It was before I ever started school, so it was definitely a world shaping memory.
      Same here. I saw it as a very lil kid. A few years ago I decided to but them on DVD but they (keep forgetting who...Universal, Columbia?) kept putting off releasing Season 2. They finally did but the problem with Night Gallery was that it was hit and miss. Some would be really good, some would be awful. But who could ever forget the pilot?? Anyone remember that? It had Joan Crawford I think it was but the first episode with Roddy McDowell (sp?), has stayed with me forever! He kills the old man and then everytime he looks at the picture on the wall, the old guy is getting out of his grave and inching closer to the house door. That really freaked me out and still does!

Comment

Has anyone seen the first episode of "Grimm"? I thought it was pretty good, a "Little Red Riding Hood" theme.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Is that what I saw advertising when I was watching football I think on Sunday? It had a woman dead in the woods? If so, it did seem interesting even though I never watch any prime time stuff anymore except sports.

Comment

Actually, I think it was Once Upon a Time advertised for Sunday. Grimm is on mondays. I missed both because of football. I did see the first episode of OUaT and wasn't impressed.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Haven't seen Grimm yet, but did watch the first two episodes of Once Upon a Time and was surprised by it a bit. Too early to say if I'll find it good long term, but enjoyed what I've seen so far. Then again, I think I pretty much assumed the worst about it, so that could be playing into me enjoying what I've seen so far.

The advertisements for the premiere of Grimm did have a dead woman in the woods though, and it at least looks to have a little promise (though this is network television)
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Haven't seen Grimm yet, but did watch the first two episodes of Once Upon a Time and was surprised by it a bit. Too early to say if I'll find it good long term, but enjoyed what I've seen so far. Then again, I think I pretty much assumed the worst about it, so that could be playing into me enjoying what I've seen so far.

The advertisements for the premiere of Grimm did have a dead woman in the woods though, and it at least looks to have a little promise (though this is network television)
                I saw the first episode the other night. It was kind of "Cop Drama" combined with horror / supernatural elements.

Instagram

Comment

I've heard mixed things about GRIMM. I like the concept, but reviews are not glowing in regard to the execution. I think I'll wait to see if it dodges cancellation before I give it a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                    I've heard mixed things about GRIMM. I like the concept, but reviews are not glowing in regard to the execution. I think I'll wait to see if it dodges cancellation before I give it a look.
                    I pretty much pass on all network tv these days. I love the idea but it probably sucks just like everything else on ABC,CBS, NBC, and Fox.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Not everything sucks on those channels...just most of it. Some things are also too high quality to be on those stations. First one to come to mind on that for me would be Kings, which they did a horrible job of promoting to begin with. Didn't know when it was the first week, saw episode 2 and knew it was too high quality to last on a station like NBC and had multiple people agree with me, and then, surprise surprise, it gets cancelled. Would have been better served on something like HBO.

Almost everything on network tv seems to be reality tv or clones of other shows. Almost any time it is something fresh, new, and good it gets cancelled
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                        Yea I don't think it'll last. I think the concept is probably just a little to off for the general populous. It'd probably last if it was on Sci-Fi though, as that's pretty much the target audience. Plus these days they don't put shows on Friday that they think will last.

Instagram

Comment

Exactly, and I'm worn out on getting into shows that get axed after the first season.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                            I pretty much pass on all network tv these days. I love the idea but it probably sucks just like everything else on ABC,CBS, NBC, and Fox.
                            LOL you sound exactly like me. All I ever watch anymore are sports or some documentary or movie on "ON DEMAND". Haven't even watched a sitcom since the early 90's.

Comment

I'm pretty much an On Demand junkie myself these days. HBO, Showtime, and Starz are about the only channels I waste time on anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X