No announcement yet.

Bluelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm that's odd neither of those blue lines look quite like the blue lines I've seen. The ones that usually come through CD are all individual pages printed front and back, exactly like the book pages. These are sent to us prior to printing the book as one last final check to make sure nothing is wrong with the book. What you guys have looks a lot like what's called a "Folded and Gathered" which is essentially an unbound book, another level of what's basically the same thing as blue lines, with the exception that in most instances only either the blue lines are made or they make the Folded and Gathered. We don't do too many folded and gathered at CD, usually only if it's a really special / important book.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Hmm that's odd neither of those blue lines look quite like the blue lines I've seen. The ones that usually come through CD are all individual pages printed front and back, exactly like the book pages. These are sent to us prior to printing the book as one last final check to make sure nothing is wrong with the book. What you guys have looks a lot like what's called a "Folded and Gathered" which is essentially an unbound book, another level of what's basically the same thing as blue lines, with the exception that in most instances only either the blue lines are made or they make the Folded and Gathered. We don't do too many folded and gathered at CD, usually only if it's a really special / important book.
      It's all Greek to me The one I have "Strange Highways" is from (via another collector) CD - so ... this makes it a really special / important thing that I (we, including John) have ???? Still maintain that, whilst not quite as ugly as sin, it's a close bloody relation

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        It's all Greek to me The one I have "Strange Highways" is from (via another collector) CD - so ... this makes it a really special / important thing that I (we, including John) have ???? Still maintain that, whilst not quite as ugly as sin, it's a close bloody relation
        That one's old enough that it may be how the blue lines where done then (before my time). Also it most likely was printed via a different printer than we're using now, and each printer does things a bit differently.

Instagram

Comment

That one's old enough that it may be how the blue lines where done then (before my time). Also it most likely was printed via a different printer than we're using now, and each printer does things a bit differently.
          Thanks Dan - we learn something new every day

Comment

When I first saw pictures of those King bluelines, I thought they were F&Gs, but after I received them, I realized they were not "just" F&Gs, but bluelines. As Dan said, each printer does things differently. These were done by R.R. Donnelley & Sons. I sent them an email but never received a response.

John
            Last edited by jhanic; 10-11-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Dan, would it be possible for you to post a picture of a typical CD blueline? Just curious.

John

Comment

Sure thing John, just went up front and took some shots with my phone. All the pages are individual, printed front and back.2011-10-11 13.21.29.jpg2011-10-11 13.21.46.jpg2011-10-11 13.21.11.jpg2011-10-11 13.20.50.jpg

Instagram

Comment

Interesting! Thanks a lot!

John

Comment

Cool, had one of these and didn't even know it

BN # 1.JPG

BN # 2.JPG

Comment

BN # 3.JPG

BN # 4.JPG

Comment

Nice!

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                          Nice!

John
                          Thanks John, it came with a bunch of other stuff from CD as part of a "special" they ran earler this year - didn't give it much (any) thought until Mr Elk started this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            Thanks John, it came with a bunch of other stuff from CD as part of a "special" they ran earler this year - didn't give it much (any) thought until Mr Elk started this thread
                            I remember that one, I think it was the "Ultimate Collectors Extravaganza"

Instagram

Comment

I remember that one, I think it was the "Ultimate Collectors Extravaganza"
                              I reckon you're right on the money Mr H

Comment

I think I won mine in a CD 'raffle' a few years back. I'd have to dig through thousands of work emails to cofirm that though.

The Winchester Horror -

SAM_0971.jpg

One thing I will say, it really smells bad!
                                http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Working...
                                X