Helping a good cause...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping a good cause...

The Kelly family is currently fund-raising to help our oldest daughter, Reilly, raise money for a People-to-People Student Ambassador trip to Europe in the summer of 2012. Out of 240 kids-in-the-running, Reilly was chosen as one of 40 teens who will represent the US and the state of Tennessee in a student delegation to France, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. Now we just have to raise the money to cover her air fare, accommodations, meals, etc.

To help Reilly get the ball rolling, I am making the following offer: for a donation of $100 I will write a personalized story of between 2,500 and 3,000, with you as the main character and your greatest fear as the catalyst. I'll also embellish the story with an original illustration by yours truly (yes, I do a little artwork on occasion).

I did this for over a dozen clients of Cemetery Dance last year with gratifying results for all involved. Now I am putting my talent to work to help my daughter live her dream.

If anyone would be interested in helping a great cause and getting a heckuva story in return, just message me and I'll be happy to fix you up!

Glad to help, Ron. Looking forward to the story. Check your messages.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks, Squire! Promise to write you one helluva story!

Comment

Really would've loved to do this but unfortunately I just moved and don't have a job right now. I wish you and your daughter the best.

Comment

Would do this if I could afford it, sounds pretty cool! Of course I'd have to figure out what my fear would be
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            Would do this if I could afford it, sounds pretty cool! Of course I'd have to figure out what my fear would be
            You remember: the weedeater, the live chicken, and the peach preserves. You were pretty scared that night.

I didn't bite on any of the offers CD has thrown my way since joining CDCC, so I had the cash. Glad I held off!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              You remember: the weedeater, the live chicken, and the peach preserves. You were pretty scared that night.

I didn't bite on any of the offers CD has thrown my way since joining CDCC, so I had the cash. Glad I held off!
              Why did you have to bring that up? I'm trying to forget that whole night
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

If any of you guys would like to contribute later on, I'll be glad to extend the same story offer. We'll be fund-raising until spring of next year.

Comment

Sweet, I already got the wife's permission. So I will hit you up on this in a few weeks, because I am no longer jobless!

Comment

Congrats on your new job, Adam! And, yeah, just let me know and we'll fix you up.

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                        The Kelly family is currently fund-raising to help our oldest daughter, Reilly, raise money for a People-to-People Student Ambassador trip to Europe in the summer of 2012. Out of 240 kids-in-the-running, Reilly was chosen as one of 40 teens who will represent the US and the state of Tennessee in a student delegation to France, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. Now we just have to raise the money to cover her air fare, accommodations, meals, etc.

To help Reilly get the ball rolling, I am making the following offer: for a donation of $100 I will write a personalized story of between 2,500 and 3,000, with you as the main character and your greatest fear as the catalyst. I'll also embellish the story with an original illustration by yours truly (yes, I do a little artwork on occasion).

I did this for over a dozen clients of Cemetery Dance last year with gratifying results for all involved. Now I am putting my talent to work to help my daughter live her dream.

If anyone would be interested in helping a great cause and getting a heckuva story in return, just message me and I'll be happy to fix you up!

I am one of the Cemetery Dance customers for a personalized story by Mr. Kelly. I am still waiting to receive it, and to say I am extremely eager to read it would be a colossal understatement. If any of you have read Delayed Reaction on Mr. Kelly's website, you will know a chance to get a personalized story is something that shouldn't be missed. He is a fantastic story teller whose mainstream visibility may soon get to the point of making an opportunity like this very hard to come by!

Randy

Comment

Remember, y'all, I'm still doing these personalized stories for a $100 donation to my daughter's student ambassador trip fund. I have six or seven lined up already. And it doesn't have to be a horror story. I can do suspense, mystery, western... whatever suits your fancy. I'm even scheduled to do a comedy story about a grandmother and her five grandchildren.

Comment

Now Reilly is making and selling bottlecap necklaces and bracelets to help fund her trip. They're really sharp-looking, if I do say so myself. She has all colors and dozens of designs. The bottlecap charms are magnetized and interchangeable. And they would make great stocking stuffers.

If anyone's interested, give me a holler and I'll be glad to email you the details and some photos.

Also remember, I'm still doing the personalized stories for a donation of $100. That would make a great Christmas gift, too... for yourself or someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                              Now Reilly is making and selling bottlecap necklaces and bracelets to help fund her trip. They're really sharp-looking, if I do say so myself. She has all colors and dozens of designs. The bottlecap charms are magnetized and interchangeable. And they would make great stocking stuffers.

If anyone's interested, give me a holler and I'll be glad to email you the details and some photos.

Also remember, I'm still doing the personalized stories for a donation of $100. That would make a great Christmas gift, too... for yourself or someone else.
                              I just checked the money tree out back and it's still bare...however I'm keeping you in mind because this is a really cool idea.

P.S. If anyone out there knows how to get a money tree to bloom please send me a PM with instructions. Thanks!
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                              X