Doctor Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Same link I posted, which for some reason results in an error even though it really shouldn't
    the weird this,, once you get to the error page, if , in IE at least, you go to to the address bar and hit enter again, THEN it works ok. Very odd.

Comment

That works in Chrome as well. Puzzling!
      Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      the weird this,, once you get to the error page, if , in IE at least, you go to to the address bar and hit enter again, THEN it works ok. Very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I did this with Firefox also. Strange!

John

Comment

Crazy, but true! Just tried it as well.

Comment

Does anyone else hate the title of this book?

Comment

Not particularly. Why do you hate it?

John

Comment

I don't really know I just really hate it. Sounds like something that belongs on the title of a grade 5 writing assignment too. the word Stupid comes to mind but I can't really explain it.

Comment

I have no issue with the title.

Comment

I don't think it's a great title, but I have no problems with it. Though it does make me think more of Insomnia than The Shining or anything vampire related.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Doesn't bother me, and I'm guessing that the title will fit the actual story when you read it
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

It's not really the title that seems strange to me, but the idea of the sequel--only because The Shining is my favorite King book and I never wondered what became of Danny. I wanted him to remain a teenager, with the promise of a better life with no more incidents of shining ahead of him. But I may change my mind after reading it.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Having read the introductory except (complete with the woman in Room 217 making an appearance) I'm panting for this to come out - as regards the title, I guess whether it's appropriate or not will depend on the context of the title in relation to the content ????

Comment

Don't forget that Jack's nickname for Danny in The Shining was "Doc".

John

Comment

Good point John, forgot about that!

Comment

Forgot about that as well
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X