Doctor Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Hate is only too strong a word when you're not reading Tommyknockers.
    I know Tommyknockers is one of those books that many people don't like however I think it's great...I liked it far more then UTD.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      I hope not! Black House didn't do justice to The Talisman or the character of Jack Sawyer! I can't say I'm excited about Dr. Sleep, but I really hope it's a better sequel than BH!
      Black House was truly AWESOME!!!
      My Collection:
      http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
      Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
      http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

When King first mentioned this book, he said that he was curious as to what ever happened to Danny. I really don't expect any ties to the Overlook, and wouldn't be surprised if the hotel and the events of The Shining weren't mentioned at all, or just mentioned in passing. I really expect it to have as much to do with the Shining as Father Callahan's story in the Dark Tower related to 'Salem's Lot, which was approximately diddley-squat. Of course that doesn't say anything about what the quality of the story might become. And frankly I don't need to read a rehash/retelling of The Shining so something new will be cool. Of course, I hope it's something new and not Danny Torrance and the vampires from the last couple Dark Tower books.

Steve also mentioned, at the same time he first mentioned Dr. Sleep, that he wondered what it would be like if Danny had met up with Charlie McGee. And maybe that they had some kids. That'd be quite a family tale!
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          Steve also mentioned, at the same time he first mentioned Dr. Sleep, that he wondered what it would be like if Danny had met up with Charlie McGee. And maybe that they had some kids. That'd be quite a family tale!
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to get that out.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

There's a video for the reading where King read a fragment of Dr. Sleep, hit the link for more:

http://www.vimeo.com/29786512

Comment

Well, looks like Dr. Sleep will be released in 2013 (assuming the world doesn't end of course, lol):

http://www.stephenking.com/other/win...ss_release.pdf
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I get a 403 Access Denied error error.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Me too.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Odd, I get that too going through that link even though it is to the press release that is on the Stephen King website. It's the first news story about King narrating Wind Through the Keyhole and has a sneak peek at Mr. Sleep which is due 2013, though doesn't say when in 2013
                    Spoiler!

Comment

He publishes his trade stuff in November. That sems to be the biggest time of year lately. (At least most of the books I'm interested in seem tyo come out then.)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But I would have passed over the press notice of the audio editon of TWTTK, if you hadn't mentioned it, so thanks!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah, it typically is November, but they are releasing the trade of TWTTK in April, so we will see. November make sense because they want to get more holiday sales. Same time-frame as when a lot of major video games are released and such
                          Spoiler!

Comment

My guess would be November as well...

And I'd place the CD limited at around December/January. Or maybe they could get it out in September....

Comment

Per the announcement of the audio edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole, Doctor Sleep is due to be released in 2013:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/win...ss_release.pdf

John

Comment

Same link I posted, which for some reason results in an error even though it really shouldn't
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X