Your Holy Grail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by divemaster View Post
    S/L Gunslinger and then The Drawing of the Three. If I could somehow get #464, that would be super bonus!

The Stand coffin edition.
    Update!

Something of the above is on its way to me...

Comment

We need pictures when you get it!
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        We need pictures when you get it!
        Second that! And congrats too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
          Second that! And congrats too!!!
          This'll be a 3rd on this one !!!!

Comment

Nice going! Can't wait to see which one it is!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Any of those you listed is fantastic! Congrats on taking off one from your list! (not that it helps any, two usually show up to fill the vacancy)

Comment

1st/1st jacketed harcover "The Master & Margarita" with the winking cat that is sitting and holding a gun.

1st/1st jacketed hardcover "Logan's Run"

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
                  1st/1st jacketed hardcover "Logan's Run"
                  Very nice! And hard to find in a decent dust jacket, too. Most I've seen online are signed. (The 1967 edition)
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The dust jackets in both cases are the reason I want them. I collect the illustrator... go figure.

Comment

For me it probably would be a signed first edition of Robert Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land"
                      I read this book when I was 13 and it altered my perspective on the world around me
                      If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

One quest down!! I finally found a not insanely priced copy of the Easton Press edition of A Night in the Lonesome October Roger Zelazny. I’ve looked for a number of years and finally found one on ABE. Patience really paid off, saving me a couple of Hundred $$$$$. I was tempted on a number of occasions, but just couldn’t bring myself to pay the prices people were asking. Not too many more left on the list!!! MDH
                        HPIM1398.jpg

Comment

Congrats!
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I had to get rid of a lot of my super rare Stephen King collectibles over the recent years to pay some bills, as well as my GIANT collection of small press magazines (probably 1,000 of those). BUT, right now I'd have to say my holy grail might be my almost complete set of World Horror Convention program books from year 1, signed by most of the guests of honors plus other contributors and guests. I'll have to take a pic someday and post them here...they really are the favorite thing in my collection. I personally value them very much as I treasure my World Horror Convention memories, and they are full of such wonderful contributors, the genre's best from many years!
                              Jonathan Reitan
                              Founder - Northwest Horror Professionals

Comment

Sorry you had to sell off some of your collection. I would love to see the program books!
                                Originally posted by jonathanreitan View Post
                                I had to get rid of a lot of my super rare Stephen King collectibles over the recent years to pay some bills, as well as my GIANT collection of small press magazines (probably 1,000 of those). BUT, right now I'd have to say my holy grail might be my almost complete set of World Horror Convention program books from year 1, signed by most of the guests of honors plus other contributors and guests. I'll have to take a pic someday and post them here...they really are the favorite thing in my collection. I personally value them very much as I treasure my World Horror Convention memories, and they are full of such wonderful contributors, the genre's best from many years!

Comment

Working...
                                X