Ron Clinton's collection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Clinton's collection...

My collection's in the downstairs office/den. The designers/builders wanted to include a closet in order to call it a 4th bedroom...so the first shot is that closet.

The bookcase in the closet with the sectioned glass doors holds all my anthologies, most signed/limited hardcovers; the books lining its top are hardboiled and noir fiction anthologies. The open bookcase is a mish-mash of reference books, trade-paperbacks...but mostly vintage and modern-day noir/crime paperbacks (there's a framed Black Lizard Books poster behind the motorcycle).

This second shot is the east wall (1st bookcase A - B, 2nd B - G, 3rd G - K, and 4th La - Li), all hardcovers (with a few chapbooks throw in for good measure), most collectible and/or signed. There's also a pb spinner that I picked up from Borders' recent clearance sale that holds my full run of Hard Case Crime (and there're some other select vintage noir paperbacks in there as well). Also, the metal traycases on the 1st, 2nd and 4th (film canister) are all Necessary Evil Press lettereds.

This last shot is the west wall (1st bookcase Li - N, 2nd N - T (with my full run of the S/L CD HC novellas thrown in), and 3rd T - Z), all hardcovers (with a few chapbooks throw in for good measure), most collectible and/or signed. The leather law books on the 2nd bookcase are my grandfather's (as is that massive dictionary on the first bookcase (which also has a signed William F. Nolan poster)), and the books on the 3rd bookcase are all pulp-reprint collections or anthologies, another niche interest of mine. To the right of that last bookcase would be the room's entrance with the french doors. Based on how much time she spends there, my dog underneath the desk seems to love the room as much as I do.

My overflow of (mostly) non-collectible hardbacks and paperbacks are all upstairs in three other smaller bookcases (two in the loft, one hanging on the wall in the rec room). Sorry, no pics of those on hand right now.

For those interested, you can virtually browse my 2100'ish-volume library by going here, and clicking on the blue "Book Database - Complete" link.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...70C69411B0!118
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Very nice! I really like the book carousel as it gives that nostalgic feel.

P.S. The dog under the desk is a nice touch as well
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Very nice indeed. I do hope you'll be giving us a few close-ups..

sk

Comment

Absolutely awesome collection Ron - I'm with Siep, close ups of the goodies definately required

Comment

Fantastic collection Ron! And you have some awesome bookshelves as well!

Comment

Very nice. I love the bookshelves as well, mine are definitely not nice, but oh well, they were cheap, lol. I want at least couple with glass doors though to keep dust to a minimum while still showing the books off
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. One of these days I'll get some per-shelf closeups... I loved looking at everyone else's shelf shots, and I know if were me and these were someone else's shots, I probably would have busted an blood vessel or two in my eyes trying to make out the titles. ;-)

Comment

See Books of Blood in the collection and I thimk I spot The Godfather in there. Can't to see what else is in there. The dog is perfectly placed, too.! What's her name?
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yep, BOOKS OF BLOOD, the omnibus Stealth HC, inscribed by Barker to me. Your sharp eye failed you on THE GODFATHER, though...don't have it, 'fraid I've never read it (though I've seen the movies!). The dog's Zena...she's a nice foot-warmer when it gets cold.

Comment

Wow ...

Comment

close-ups....close ups.....closeups.......Now which is the correct wording?

sk

Comment

I'm not certain, but I think Siep is ready for his, Mr. DeMille!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

sk

Comment

There was a specfic request to see this particular 1st ed HC, so here it is:

IMG_6129.jpg
                            IMG_6128.jpg

I know myself well enough to know that I'm too lazy to take shots of all my shelves, but if anyone else has any specific books they want to see from my collection (see the database link), let me know and I'll try to accomodate.

Comment

Very, very nice Ron!!! I've just recently gotten my first personalized signed book and I treasure it. Thanks for postin!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X