Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies so bad, you regret watching them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I saw the first one because I didn't know anything about it and when I saw the display table at a bookstore, I thought is said "by Stephen Meyer" I didn't realize something was covering the "-ie" on "Stephenie". So I had no idea that Twilight was a book written by a female. I saw it at midnight that night andwhen I saw the openning cvredits, I realized my error. But by that time I'd already paid my $10. Besides, I was there with friends who didn't want to leave.
    I know she is horrible but even if u had seen the ie you really wouldn't have known anymore than u already did. Its just wrong that you wouldn't have gone had you known she is a woman. Yea a lot of women can't write...but there's a lot who can.

Comment

Not arguing about female writers; my reaction has nothing to do with that. It's the whole vampire thing. Do I insticntively trust a male writer over a female one with vampire mythology? Yes--Twilight is a good example why. If I had seen the "ie" I would have maybe asked a question or two or had picked up the book and read the dj flaps. Would I have seen the movie? I can't say. I would have asked Noah a few questions about it (His fiance had read the books).
      Last edited by srboone; 03-13-2012, 05:42 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I do like the writings of Caitlin R. Kiernan (too bad she is published--short storywise--by subterranean press) and I'm getting ready to embark on Ad Nauseam by C.W.LaSart (once I finish The Tommyknockers).
        Last edited by srboone; 03-13-2012, 05:57 AM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The movie Meek's Pass has to be the worst movie ever made. The reason will be made so obvious at the end of the movie.

Comment

hahahaha! Nice thread! I had to laugh at some of the choices because, well, they're so bad they're laughable! I did like Teeth though and I sooo agree on Twilight. Vampires should not sparkle. Enough said.
            A movie that I regret watching would be Cannibal Holocaust. As a big, big horror fan I decided it was time to see it for myself. Dumbass. I did some research and asked some friends so I knew when all the animal parts were coming up. I hit mute and shut my eyes but some of those scenes were so drawn out I caught a glimpse or two. If not for the real animal killings in this movie I would have liked it. I never should have watched it, it's my own stupid fault, and if I ever see Ruggero Deodato at a con, I will avoid him like the plague. Or skin him like he did the turtle.

Comment

I wonder if he was answering this forums question when he said this.... "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged." - Stephen King

Comment

Hmm, I'd like to think of something I really regret watching... But nothing really comes to mind. When I have time to watch stuff, its usually something that I've picked out and am pretty sure I'll like at least a bit.

Comment

Movies are one of the few areas where I can be completely spontaneous. I can watch something because it seems like a good idea at the time, even if it seems like a really bad idea, regardless of what the ultimate quality is or what offensive view points or other material it contains--and I'll enjoy watching it, if not enjoy the product. So I can get one of these every now and again. Everything else--well...as I've always said: spontaneity is a good thing, if well planned out.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The "GI Joe" movie. Couldn't even get halfway through it and I started skipping scenes just to see what was happening. It never got better and I shut it off. Thank the fates I didn't actually pay for it.

Comment

Nothing like an animated movie with human faces!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                        The "GI Joe" movie. Couldn't even get halfway through it and I started skipping scenes just to see what was happening. It never got better and I shut it off. Thank the fates I didn't actually pay for it.
                        But you missed the end with the sinking ice.

Comment

I know I tend to overthink movies this stupid, and how about the base under the Sahara that had hatches open without letting in sand and being recovered as soon as they shut?
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Don't remember that part. That's not good quality control and whoever thought sinking ice made for a good scene is just dumb or has never had a drink with ice in it.

Comment

As with everything in that movie, I think they just thought about what might look cool, laws of physics be damned. They also had these nanobots that ate stuff. But no that wasn't the case, they must have been transporting the matter they ate, because the material that was broken down just disappeared. But Sienna Miller looked good.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                                But Sienna Miller looked good.
                                Sometimes, that's the only redeeming quality of a movie...
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X