Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Cemetery Dance Collectors Club is BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember, the savings and notifications start immediately after the 10-day sale period. The "stuff" arrived sometime in November/December. Of course, Garton's antholgy Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth is still being worked on. And I seem to remember that T-shirt sizes were part of the buy process. Of course, I couldn't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday...
    Last edited by srboone; 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Of course, I couldn't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday...
      You had oatmeal. You couldn't find your teeth, so had to have something soft.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I was tempted to buy this, but I'm still waiting on "Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth" from the other one. I'm not in any big rush to part with nearly a hundred dollars and then wait better than a year before everything comes in. To those thinking about joining, however, I do highly recommend it. The items last time were pretty cool. I'm just not financially soluble right now to warrant the extended wait for items.
        "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

It's been a long wait for W&GoT, but I had put aside $100 earlier for the CDCC and now Garton has a book attached to the new CDCC. But I keep thinking how long people have been waiting for The Century's Best Horror Fiction and I think a year's not so bad...really...not so bad...hmmmmmmm...
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It's been a long wait for W&GoT, but I had put aside $100 earlier for the CDCC and now Garton has a book attached to the new CDCC. But I keep thinking how long people have been waiting for The Century's Best Horror Fiction and I think a year's not so bad...really...not so bad...hmmmmmmm...
            I would agree. The wait isn't that bad and the deals were pretty damn good. However I'm in the same boat as the last gunslinger...as "I'm just not financially soluble right now."!
            Last edited by Ben Staad; 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I missed out on the CDCC last year due to a lack of money, but luckily had the money to purchase gift certificates a while back which has allowed me to get in on the deal this year. As for waits on books, I'm fine with waiting myself, as I know the wait will be worth it
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I can afford it, but I'm not convinced I should join. Never read anything by Ray Garton, a second signed limited book sounds good, obviously, but I'm rather picky as far as my limiteds are concerned.., advance notice of limiteds...nice, but not really essential....Don't really care about t-shirts, baseball caps, calendars...
                I am tempted to join though, but as I said, I'm not convinced yet. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

sk

Comment

It's THAT way!!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    I can afford it, but I'm not convinced I should join. Never read anything by Ray Garton, a second signed limited book sounds good, obviously, but I'm rather picky as far as my limiteds are concerned.., advance notice of limiteds...nice, but not really essential....Don't really care about t-shirts, baseball caps, calendars...
                    I am tempted to join though, but as I said, I'm not convinced yet. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

sk
                    I can't really push you in the right direction, but if you're a regular customer of ours, and buy a lot of the stuff we sell, then this is most certainly something you should get. The sheer number of discounts passed out through this over the course of a year make up for the cost.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The discounts range anywhere from 10-25% off of a new s/l; you'll also receive discounts through out the year that other customers won't get. Over the course of a year, you'll get your money back. And the advance notice of book is nice. Just make sure your email is prompt in it's delivery. Mine runs out of St. Charles MO and can sometimes be up to 4 hours late. I find my advance notice in my box and then an hour later is the general notice. But tht's not CD's fault.

Come on, Siep...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

There was one discount a few weeks ago that was a HUGE discount, it blew away the one they offered to the mailing list.

Comment

Absolutely Dan, I joined up last year (and this year as well, as soon as the email hit my inbox) and couldn't even begin to hazard a guess as to how much I saved during the 12 months. The advance notification, too, were an excellent feature - if not for these I wouldn't have stood a snowballs chance in hell of getting hold of Limited & Lettered Editions of IT (mainly because of the time difference)

Comment

The discounts range anywhere from 10-25% off of a new s/l; you'll also receive discounts through out the year that other customers won't get. Over the course of a year, you'll get your money back.

Come on, Siep...
                            Ok..ok....I'm listening.
                            Still, not to be contrary, but as I said, I'm rather picky as far as my limiteds are concerned. Meaning, I only collect limiteds from a select circle of authors: King, Simmons, McCammon, Howard, Martin and maybe a few more. So, suppose I'm offered a discount for a book I normally wouldn't have bought. Now, because of the discount, I go ahead and do buy it. Am I saving or losing money here?

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Ok..ok....I'm listening.
                              Still, not to be contrary, but as I said, I'm rather picky as far as my limiteds are concerned. Meaning, I only collect limiteds from a select circle of authors: King, Simmons, McCammon, Howard, Martin and maybe a few more. So, suppose I'm offered a discount for a book I normally wouldn't have bought. Now, because of the discount, I go ahead and do buy it. Am I saving or losing money here?

sk
                              Point taken, King was the only author you mentioned who I've seen a Cd volume from. So, unless CD habitually puts out books by one of your authors, I suppose you wouldn't be saving money. I'm still pretty eclectic with my signed/limiteds. Though I've decided that I'd like to collect Ronald Kelly's works.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

For those of you who already signed-up... you should have received an "Early Bird" special today that'll save you $20 off a book from another publisher that we'll be offering to the general mailing list tomorrow... assuming we have copies left to sell!

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X