No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]Four Legs in the Morning by Norman Prentiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. I have the first eight and have read the ARC FOur Legs in the Morning. Not a bad story in the group!
    Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    Bought it and am currently bidding on an ebay set of the first 8. Hope I win...

Comment

I received an ARC of this from CD but I haven't read it yet. I'm not sure if the timing will work out but I will read the ARC this weekend and maybe order a copy of the "real" book when I'm done...assuming that I like the story of course
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
        I received an ARC of this from CD but I haven't read it yet. I'm not sure if the timing will work out but I will read the ARC this weekend and maybe order a copy of the "real" book when I'm done...assuming that I like the story of course
        And assuming there are some LEFT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          And assuming there are some LEFT!!!!
          There is that as well!

Comment

I'm almost done with the book and I have to say it is great. I had trouble getting through the first few pages (had trouble relating to main character) but after that it was an easy read. This was my first exposure the signature series and I was pleasantly surprised with the art and the placement of it throughout the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman Prentiss View Post
              Thanks for buying, and glad you liked it as an ARC (I think it's the only ARC CD has done for a Sig Series book).

I've got plans for some more Sibley stories, and will try to fit one into my writing schedule soon!
              Well if it's the only Sig. Series ARC then I hope that CD does more as it turned out very well. Also loved that it was the signed ARC in the Advanced Reader's Club as I was hoping that would be the one once I saw what was being shipped to me.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I am surprised this one is not sold out yet! I would highly suggest getting a copy of this, as it is an excellent addition to the CDSS line
                Spoiler!

Comment

Still not sold out!? I'm sure that'll be happening very soon. Luckily, I secured a copy for myself. My intention is to maintain a complete signature series collection (my only of its kind among specialty presses).
                  "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

This should be shipping later this week, if all goes to plan.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Got my shipping notice for this today!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Got my notice too.Read the arc from early readers club very good book.

Comment

Yep, the one's we packed today won't actually get in the Post Office's hands till Monday though. So do not be alarmed if the tracking isn't showing anything till after Monday.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Poor Man's Review - Four Legs in the Morning by Norman Prentiss

What a pleasant suprise!

This is my fist CD signature edition. I sprung for it because I was intrigued by the odd ball size and like the idea of lots of pictures. Regarding the size - I like it! I slipped off the cover and curled up on the couch with it, finding it fit nicely in the hands. On the art ... it was ok, but not as much or as good as I had maybe hoped. Keep in mind my expectation was all my own, I had never seen one of these and didn't know what to expect. I like that it had all the borders and pictures, and I like some of the pictures but the art just wasn't what I had hoped for overall.

The story was a big suprise. I didn't know what it was about but after reading I went straight to the forums, Amazon and Google to find out where I could get more Dr. Sibley. Alas, it appears this is not to be - but it SHOULD BE and soon if I had my say. These are very clever stories with a creepy vibe that should be fun for anyone with a background in academia and anyone who ever had "that" teacher and wondered if maybe they were as evil as you suspected. Two things overall, one I mentioned before - I really hope we get more Dr. Sibley stories. Second, this could make for a really fun anthology type series on HBO or something where, similar to X-Files, so many of the episodes deal with charachters around Dr Sibley and continuity while others are more one off horror tales with Sibley on the periphery or maybe the school is the tie that binds ...anyway, I think there is some real potential for a TV show here. The strength of the Dr Sibley character really shines through - is it wrong that I kind of like him? It's something about the passive mercy he shows in the midst of all his horror that makes him particularly interesting and potentially likeable to me.

I give the book -

Format: 4 out of 5 possible thumbs up
                            Art: 2 out of 5 possible thumbs up
                            Story: 4 out of 5 possible thumbs up

Borrow it, buy it or burn it - BUY IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron K View Post
                              The strength of the Dr Sibley character really shines through - is it wrong that I kind of like him? It's something about the passive mercy he shows in the midst of all his horror that makes him particularly interesting and potentially likeable to me.
                              Thanks so much for the nice review, Ron!

And for the record, I like Sibley, too. One of my ideas was to make him the main character, but to only have him appear in cameo (if at all) in his stories. I've definitely got more Sibley stories to write, along with other projects--so I don't think you've seen the last of him!

Comment

Thanks sincerely to all the people who posted kind words in this thread. I hope people who bought the "official" version were pleased--the usual high-quality production standards from CD really seemed to shine on this book, and I love the way it turned out. Couldn't be happier, or more grateful to be published by Cemetery Dance!

If anybody's interested, there's a new interview with me posted at FEARnet. It's in two parts, and this current part focuses on FOUR LEGS:
                                http://www.fearnet.com/news/intervie...ss_part_1.html

Comment

Working...
                                X