Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: CD Magazines (Desperately) Wanted

  1. #1
    Grant Wootton
    Guest

    CD Magazines (Desperately) Wanted

    I have all Cemetery Dance magazines except # 6 and a # 22 without the darn mailing label affixed to mag itself Anyone out there that may have these for sale, or know someone that knows someone, etc, etc Willing to pay a good price for either, or both.

  2. #2
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Now have a # 22 (thanks Jeff) So now it's down to the elusive # 6 ... come out, come out, wherever you are

  3. #3
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Green Town Illinois
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Just saw your collection it's absolutely awesome! So glad to have in a very small part been able to add to it. Best of luck on your quest for #6 and thank you Grant.

    Jeff

  4. #4
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsta View Post
    Just saw your collection it's absolutely awesome! So glad to have in a very small part been able to add to it. Best of luck on your quest for #6 and thank you Grant.

    Jeff
    Hiya Jeff - Thanks mate, appreciate your comments (and, yep, you were a part of it ). Cheers, Grant --- and I'll get # 6 by hook or by crook

  5. #5
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    9
    I just looked it up and that's a nice one. J.N. Williamson special. Good luck.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #6
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Hiya Jeff - Thanks mate, appreciate your comments (and, yep, you were a part of it ). Cheers, Grant --- and I'll get # 6 by hook or by crook
    Hi Jeff - # 22 made it to the door this afternoon - excellent (I can now relegate the copy that I had - with the mailing label on the cover - to the reading pile ).

    Thanks again mate, greatly appreciated!!!

    Cheers, Grant

  7. #7
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    So, this leaves the elusive # 6 to complete the set - does US$150 maybe tempt anyone out there in CD-Land to part with their copy?

  8. #8
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by njhorror View Post
    I just looked it up and that's a nice one. J.N. Williamson special. Good luck.
    Thanks - if luck doesn't work, I'll just try plain old fashioned bribery

  9. #9
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Still looking for # 6 - $US200 is the offer

  10. #10
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    14
    I have just about a full run...let me check in my collection and see if I have #6. I'll let you know shortly if I have it (or not).

  11. #11
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I have just about a full run...let me check in my collection and see if I have #6. I'll let you know shortly if I have it (or not).
    I await your response with baited breath and dread anticipation - something like that, anyway Seriously though, if you got it, I want it (how's that for a poker face )

  12. #12
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed darkdiscoveries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA.
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    9
    I sold my copy of #6 a while back for about $50 I believe. I would have definitely taken you up on the $200 though if I still had it!!! (LOL)

    I do have copies of some of the earlier issues still though - #3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12 (signed by Dean Koontz), 14 (Stephen King story), 15 (signed by Thomas Tessier), 17/18, 20, 21, 23 (signed by Jill Bauman), 26 (Koontz interview), and 27 - if anybody is interested. And I already have a bunch of more recent issues of CD (a number of OOP ones as well) up on the Dark Discoveries web store for sale as well (http://darkdiscoveries.1freecart.com...-magazines.htm )

    - James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

  13. #13
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    I sold my copy of #6 a while back for about $50 I believe. I would have definitely taken you up on the $200 though if I still had it!!! (LOL)

    I do have copies of some of the earlier issues still though - #3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12 (signed by Dean Koontz), 14 (Stephen King story), 15 (signed by Thomas Tessier), 17/18, 20, 21, 23 (signed by Jill Bauman), 26 (Koontz interview), and 27 - if anybody is interested. And I already have a bunch of more recent issues of CD (a number of OOP ones as well) up on the Dark Discoveries web store for sale as well (http://darkdiscoveries.1freecart.com...-magazines.htm )

    - James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

    Drats, back to the drawing board I appreciate you looking through your collection though James

  14. #14
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    14
    Give me a few more hours, Grant, and I should have an answer for you...

  15. #15
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    14
    Sorry, Grant -- just went through my collection and it's not there. I have just a few holes in my run of CD Magazine, and you appear to have seized on one of them. Too bad for both of us. :-(

    Good luck in your search.

  16. #16
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Sorry, Grant -- just went through my collection and it's not there. I have just a few holes in my run of CD Magazine, and you appear to have seized on one of them. Too bad for both of us. :-(

    Good luck in your search.
    Oh well, such is life The chase is still very much on, and II'll get the furry little bastard one of these fine days - thanks for looking Ron, really appreciated

  17. #17
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Sigh ... No matter how hard I shake the CD forum tree, no coconuts have dropped (yet)

    So, the ante is upped to US$250

  18. #18
    Junior Member Visitor Jimster57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Grant,
    Yup, I've got one. I've been slowly building my own CD mag collection over the years, but have stalled out needing only issue 10 and issue 1. We've probably got the same addiction that is only satisfied when we have a complete run of something. Although it would kill me to take a step backward, (especially since James posted that he's got issue 10 for sale at his store) you're making one honey of an offer for a single magazine. Heck, with that money I could fill in the gaps on some of the other series I'm dead-set on completing (the Pan Book of Horror, the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror, just to name two...)

    Tell you what - take a few days to do a thorough check around the web to see if you can find a copy (and perhaps a better price) from someone else. If you still want it, I'll post some scans to make sure you'll be happy with it - a quick look shows it to be in really nice shape (and stored in plastic and boxed for a number of years.) Trust me, you won't hurt my feelings at all if you go another route, but at least you've got an option.
    Thanks,
    Jim

    (P.S. sorry if this post gets replicated, I'm new to the board, and wasn't sure if I've got myself registered correctly?)

  19. #19
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,885
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimster57 View Post
    (P.S. sorry if this post gets replicated, I'm new to the board, and wasn't sure if I've got myself registered correctly?)
    Hey Jim, I deleted the duplicate posts. Everyone's first 5 posts have to be approved by an administrator, which is why it could take a little while for your post to show up.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  20. #20
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Alllllright !!!! Jim has come through for me, and a copy of the fabled (to me at least) # 6 is winging its way to me Thanks to all who took the time to look through their collections for me, thanks to Jeff S for making the offer of his # 6 from his complete collection (although it was painful on both sides, hey mate ??? ) and, of course, to Jim, for putting an end to this particular hunt (crikey, sounds like a freaking Academy Award speech - although, in truth, I can safely say that my mother had absolutely nothing to do with it)

Similar Threads

  1. comics wanted
    By frik51 in forum Book Market
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
  2. WANTED: An affordable copy of Shivers III
    By HorrorScribe in forum Book Market
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 06:46 AM
  3. WANTED: CD Magazine Issue #4
    By Scotty in forum Book Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
  4. Wanted CD Magazine Back Issues
    By slingshhot in forum Book Market
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
  5. WANTED : A Storm of Swords
    By calason in forum Book Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 05:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •