CD Magazines (Desperately) Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Sorry, Grant -- just went through my collection and it's not there. I have just a few holes in my run of CD Magazine, and you appear to have seized on one of them. Too bad for both of us. :-(

Good luck in your search.
    Oh well, such is life The chase is still very much on, and II'll get the furry little bastard one of these fine days - thanks for looking Ron, really appreciated

Comment

Sigh ... No matter how hard I shake the CD forum tree, no coconuts have dropped (yet)

So, the ante is upped to US$250

Comment

Hi Grant,
        Yup, I've got one. I've been slowly building my own CD mag collection over the years, but have stalled out needing only issue 10 and issue 1. We've probably got the same addiction that is only satisfied when we have a complete run of something. Although it would kill me to take a step backward, (especially since James posted that he's got issue 10 for sale at his store) you're making one honey of an offer for a single magazine. Heck, with that money I could fill in the gaps on some of the other series I'm dead-set on completing (the Pan Book of Horror, the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror, just to name two...)

Tell you what - take a few days to do a thorough check around the web to see if you can find a copy (and perhaps a better price) from someone else. If you still want it, I'll post some scans to make sure you'll be happy with it - a quick look shows it to be in really nice shape (and stored in plastic and boxed for a number of years.) Trust me, you won't hurt my feelings at all if you go another route, but at least you've got an option.
        Thanks,
        Jim

(P.S. sorry if this post gets replicated, I'm new to the board, and wasn't sure if I've got myself registered correctly?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimster57 View Post
          (P.S. sorry if this post gets replicated, I'm new to the board, and wasn't sure if I've got myself registered correctly?)
          Hey Jim, I deleted the duplicate posts. Everyone's first 5 posts have to be approved by an administrator, which is why it could take a little while for your post to show up.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Alllllright !!!! Jim has come through for me, and a copy of the fabled (to me at least) # 6 is winging its way to me Thanks to all who took the time to look through their collections for me, thanks to Jeff S for making the offer of his # 6 from his complete collection (although it was painful on both sides, hey mate ??? ) and, of course, to Jim, for putting an end to this particular hunt (crikey, sounds like a freaking Academy Award speech - although, in truth, I can safely say that my mother had absolutely nothing to do with it)

Comment

"I'd like to thank all the little people who volunteered their back as stepping stones on my rise to the top! The glory is surely theirs, though they'll never get it since I'm the one with the trophy!"---From the Academy Award speech I wrote in the 6th grade that I'll never get to deliver due to lack of talent.

Congrats, Mr. Woot. Couldn't have happened to a more verbose-evil-clown-loving-meat-packing....I mean, nicer guy!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                "I'd like to thank all the little people who volunteered their back as stepping stones on my rise to the top! The glory is surely theirs, though they'll never get it since I'm the one with the trophy!"---From the Academy Award speech I wrote in the 6th grade that I'll never get to deliver due to lack of talent.

Congrats, Mr. Woot. Couldn't have happened to a more verbose-evil-clown-loving-meat-packing....I mean, nicer guy!
                Mr Boone, I thank you, Pennywise thanks you, the wholesale meat industry thanks you, etc, et al, ad infinitum, ad neaseum

Comment

Congratulations, Grant! Now what's next in the hunt?

John

Comment

Congratulations, Grant! I'm happy for you.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                      Congratulations, Grant! Now what's next in the hunt?

John
                      Thanks John - the next hunt ??? Hmm, not altoegther certain, but thinking I might round out my Ketchum and/or Lee collection (probably the former as there are less to track down)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        Congratulations, Grant! I'm happy for you.

sk
                        Thanks Siep

Comment

Hey congrats Grant! The completist in me is happy for you (LOL)

Jimster - If I didn't remember to send you a note, let me know if you want that copy of CD #10 and i'll set it aside for you so nobody swipes it!

- James
                          http://darkdiscoveries.com

Comment

Congrats Grant!

I think we're all relieved that we won't be seeing you beg for #6 anymore. :P

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                              Congrats Grant!

I think we're all relieved that we won't be seeing you beg for #6 anymore. :P
                              Tell me about it !!! I now know how Oliver felt at the head of the line on his second rotation pathetically clutching his damn wooden bowl and freaking spoon !!!!!

Comment

Yes congrats to you!!! Question though now that the hunt is over is there also a little sadness?We all love the thrill of the hunt isn't that
                                part of it?Great for you

Comment

Working...
                                X