Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaveworld by Clive Barker (Earthling Publications)

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication theenormityofitall's Avatar

Weaveworld by Clive Barker (Earthling Publications)

I talked to Paul there and most are spoken for but he said he may be able to get me a copy, I'm just not sure what the price is going to be. I still would like to get the trade of the Painter book by Barker he also published But from the places online I've seen selling it (Weaveworld), they're all gone already: sold out pre-publication. Anyone interested in this one? I think it's going to be a very collectible book, probably more so than a lot of King limiteds.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Where has it even been listed for sale? I email at the beginning of the year trying to get a copy. I don't see it for sale on their site.

It's not yet for sale actually but some places were taking pre-orders...Overlook did and they quickly ran out of their supply. I'm still wondering how much this thing will cost (if I'm able to get a copy).
    I meant in my original post, the places taking pre-orders, not selling it. Sorry.

Ok, thanks. If I can afford it, I really want one too. At least the trade (I think there's supposed to be one), but preferably the signed. It would go nicely with my signed limited of Books of Blood from Steath Press, which is one of my favorite limited just because it IS a limited of BoB!!!!! Of course, I would REALLY have done without the naked picture of Barker in it.
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 09-09-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    This is an Earthling publication. Pre-ordering (there) hasn't even started yet.
    These other places taking pre-orders might be sold out, but so what.
    It's the same with Amazon. They take preorders for many limiteds, but often it turns out they're not able to get what they promise.

sk

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    I really like that Earthling don't expect a payment before the book is ready to ship though!

I think I actually prefer paying on ordering. That way, especially if it takes months for the book to be published, I already forgot about the money. Almost like geting a book for free...almost....

sk

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    I think I actually prefer paying on ordering. That way, especially if it takes months for the book to be published, I already forgot about the money. Almost like geting a book for free...almost....

sk
    Hahaha

....almost

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Haha i know what you mean, but i hate the fact sometimes that i have so much tied up in books that i don't yet have. I dread to think how much CD has got of my at the moment, but hey ... its an adiction!

This is an Earthling publication. Pre-ordering (there) hasn't even started yet.
    These other places taking pre-orders might be sold out, but so what.
    It's the same with Amazon. They take preorders for many limiteds, but often it turns out they're not able to get what they promise.

sk
    That's not what Paul told me. They have started taking pre-orders, it's just that payment hasn't been sent yet, and that's the way it should be. I never understood why you have to pay for a book that doesn't get published for 3 years. And you have to somehow remember that along with all the other books that you pre-ordered. Anyway, he told me most are spoken for so if anyone wants one, they better contact Paul right away. The way I understood him, he's holding one for me and may even accept a trade plus cash. That would work best for me as I'm also paying on a couple other books including Dawn to Dusk by Gauntlet (a Bradbury lettered edition).

Quote Originally Posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    That's not what Paul told me. They have started taking pre-orders
    Then I am misinformed, because this is what it still says on the Earthling site:

Additional details including print runs and pricing are being ironed out, and preorders will start later this year.

I hate this.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Ok, thanks. If I can afford it, I really want one too. At least the trade (I think there's supposed to be one), but preferably the signed. It would go nicely with my signed limited of Books of Blood from Steath Press, which is one of my favorite limited just because it IS a limited of BoB!!!!! Of course, I would REALLY have done without the naked picture of Barker in it.
    Does the Books of Blood limited really look that nice? That's one of the other books I'm paying on from Camelot...Kim is giving me 5 months at around $54 a month, can't beat that. At those prices I could buy everything in the store lol. But it's $275...does that seems about right? It does for me since those books have been around for a long time and compared to other places (check out VJ Books), it seems a pretty fair price. I remember Scream Press and have a few books by them before they went under, but did they ever actually do a limited of Books of Blood?? They made such great looking books, that they didn't charge enough so they're gone but they published a lot of good stuff.

Then I am misinformed, because this is what it still says on the Earthling site:

Additional details including print runs and pricing are being ironed out, and preorders will start later this year.

I hate this.

sk
    Hmmm...it may be simply because I was in contact with Paul himself. He told me though like I said, most are spoken for. I guess a lot of guys emailed him like I did. Anyway, there's hardly any left from what I understood. And he was even going to try and get me a copy of that other book by Barker..Painter...but I declined seeing they haven't sold out at other stores and went for Weaveworld, since it will be a very collectible book. He told me he couldn't tell me the exact price, but it will "probably be in the $150-250 range." Anyone here who wants one better email him! It's already been a week since I was in contact with him and he told me there weren't many left.

I think the limited of Books of Blood was about $200 or so when it came out, so $275 seems like a great price. It's either leather for fake leather, not really sure. It's the same height as CDs oversize books like In Laymon's Terms. There a glossy picutr of a scary-ass guy on the cover of the book. No artwork inside, but there is a bookmark sewn in and it is a signed limited of Books of Blood!!! LOL!

Oh yeah, if you email him, don't tell him I sent you there! I don't want him thinking I'm directing a bunch of guys to his site trying to have him save them a copy. I don't know if anyone knows my real name here, but he'd still know it's me. He may not care, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    I don't know if anyone knows my real name here.
    I thought "theenormity" was an odd first name!

I thought "theenormity" was an odd first name!
    LMAO Yeah he probably wouldn't recognize that name. I had to figure out a username on ebay years ago and fo some odd reason "theenormityofitall" popped into my head.

I think the limited of Books of Blood was about $200 or so when it came out, so $275 seems like a great price. It's either leather for fake leather, not really sure. It's the same height as CDs oversize books like In Laymon's Terms. There a glossy picutr of a scary-ass guy on the cover of the book. No artwork inside, but there is a bookmark sewn in and it is a signed limited of Books of Blood!!! LOL!
    No artwork? That sucks. But I hope it's fake leather so that way it won't crack over time. But yeah, just that it's a signed version of those great books, is enough for me.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Greenelk's Avatar
    I've got the plain white unsigned version of the Stealth BoB and I still think it's an amazing looking book. As for Weaveworld, I'm fast approaching one of those big middle age type of Birthday things, so I think I'll need to get myself a birthday present of a lettered edition if I can afford it (I have very very few lettered editions)

A lettered?? I'd like that too but I have about a dozen already so I think I have enough. And one more thing...on ebay right now, you can actually buy Shrouded by Darkness from Roy at Bad Moon Books for just 50 bucks, signed by everybody (including Barker) except Poppy Z Brite. I decided not to buy a copy but he only has 2 left. I've seen this thing online unsigned going for $90 and more. One of you guys better get a copy before they're all gone!
    Hell, if no one buys them I might go for it but I've bought a lot of books recently, incuding the Dracula limited right here at CD.