Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaveworld by Clive Barker (Earthling Publications)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weaveworld by Clive Barker (Earthling Publications)

I talked to Paul there and most are spoken for but he said he may be able to get me a copy, I'm just not sure what the price is going to be. I still would like to get the trade of the Painter book by Barker he also published But from the places online I've seen selling it (Weaveworld), they're all gone already: sold out pre-publication. Anyone interested in this one? I think it's going to be a very collectible book, probably more so than a lot of King limiteds.

Where has it even been listed for sale? I email at the beginning of the year trying to get a copy. I don't see it for sale on their site.

Comment

It's not yet for sale actually but some places were taking pre-orders...Overlook did and they quickly ran out of their supply. I'm still wondering how much this thing will cost (if I'm able to get a copy).
      I meant in my original post, the places taking pre-orders, not selling it. Sorry.

Comment

Ok, thanks. If I can afford it, I really want one too. At least the trade (I think there's supposed to be one), but preferably the signed. It would go nicely with my signed limited of Books of Blood from Steath Press, which is one of my favorite limited just because it IS a limited of BoB!!!!! Of course, I would REALLY have done without the naked picture of Barker in it.
        Last edited by bsaenz24; 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

This is an Earthling publication. Pre-ordering (there) hasn't even started yet.
          These other places taking pre-orders might be sold out, but so what.
          It's the same with Amazon. They take preorders for many limiteds, but often it turns out they're not able to get what they promise.

sk

Comment

I really like that Earthling don't expect a payment before the book is ready to ship though!

Comment

I think I actually prefer paying on ordering. That way, especially if it takes months for the book to be published, I already forgot about the money. Almost like geting a book for free...almost....

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                I think I actually prefer paying on ordering. That way, especially if it takes months for the book to be published, I already forgot about the money. Almost like geting a book for free...almost....

sk
                Hahaha

....almost

Comment

Haha i know what you mean, but i hate the fact sometimes that i have so much tied up in books that i don't yet have. I dread to think how much CD has got of my £££ at the moment, but hey ... its an adiction!

Comment

This is an Earthling publication. Pre-ordering (there) hasn't even started yet.
                    These other places taking pre-orders might be sold out, but so what.
                    It's the same with Amazon. They take preorders for many limiteds, but often it turns out they're not able to get what they promise.

sk
                    That's not what Paul told me. They have started taking pre-orders, it's just that payment hasn't been sent yet, and that's the way it should be. I never understood why you have to pay for a book that doesn't get published for 3 years. And you have to somehow remember that along with all the other books that you pre-ordered. Anyway, he told me most are spoken for so if anyone wants one, they better contact Paul right away. The way I understood him, he's holding one for me and may even accept a trade plus cash. That would work best for me as I'm also paying on a couple other books including Dawn to Dusk by Gauntlet (a Bradbury lettered edition).

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                      That's not what Paul told me. They have started taking pre-orders
                      Then I am misinformed, because this is what it still says on the Earthling site:

Additional details including print runs and pricing are being ironed out, and preorders will start later this year.

I hate this.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        Ok, thanks. If I can afford it, I really want one too. At least the trade (I think there's supposed to be one), but preferably the signed. It would go nicely with my signed limited of Books of Blood from Steath Press, which is one of my favorite limited just because it IS a limited of BoB!!!!! Of course, I would REALLY have done without the naked picture of Barker in it.
                        Does the Books of Blood limited really look that nice? That's one of the other books I'm paying on from Camelot...Kim is giving me 5 months at around $54 a month, can't beat that. At those prices I could buy everything in the store lol. But it's $275...does that seems about right? It does for me since those books have been around for a long time and compared to other places (check out VJ Books), it seems a pretty fair price. I remember Scream Press and have a few books by them before they went under, but did they ever actually do a limited of Books of Blood?? They made such great looking books, that they didn't charge enough so they're gone but they published a lot of good stuff.

Comment

Then I am misinformed, because this is what it still says on the Earthling site:

Additional details including print runs and pricing are being ironed out, and preorders will start later this year.

I hate this.

sk
                          Hmmm...it may be simply because I was in contact with Paul himself. He told me though like I said, most are spoken for. I guess a lot of guys emailed him like I did. Anyway, there's hardly any left from what I understood. And he was even going to try and get me a copy of that other book by Barker..Painter...but I declined seeing they haven't sold out at other stores and went for Weaveworld, since it will be a very collectible book. He told me he couldn't tell me the exact price, but it will "probably be in the $150-250 range." Anyone here who wants one better email him! It's already been a week since I was in contact with him and he told me there weren't many left.

Comment

I think the limited of Books of Blood was about $200 or so when it came out, so $275 seems like a great price. It's either leather for fake leather, not really sure. It's the same height as CDs oversize books like In Laymon's Terms. There a glossy picutr of a scary-ass guy on the cover of the book. No artwork inside, but there is a bookmark sewn in and it is a signed limited of Books of Blood!!! LOL!

Comment

Oh yeah, if you email him, don't tell him I sent you there! I don't want him thinking I'm directing a bunch of guys to his site trying to have him save them a copy. I don't know if anyone knows my real name here, but he'd still know it's me. He may not care, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X