No announcement yet.

THE TURTLE BOY and other tales of Timmy Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even hear about Stage Whispers being available until seeing on this thread it was sold out already! Oh well, I wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway, lol. Would be a great to get my hands on it though.

I did get a copy of Nemesis though since the price wasn't too high. I likely woulda got it if it were more expensive, but woulda been harder to justify, lol.

This will be high on my list of books to read next. My next attempted read will be the ARC I won through Librarything (if I don't find myself interested I won't force myself to finish it like I did with a recent novella) and then it was likely going to be Kin. Now I may have to make it Nemesis instead and put Kin off a little while. Decisions, decisions...
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Martin: That's great news! Glad you were able to snag a copy. When Paul emailed me to tell me the books were in stock, STAGE WHISPERS was already gone, so I couldn't even give people a heads up about it.
      http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

I'll be interested to hear what you think of both books, RJK, and thanks a million for picking them up!

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
          Looks like the limited is available for pre-order:

http://thunderstormbooks.com/burke.php

$35.00 plus shipping seems like a very sweet deal. Best of luck with the sales Mr. Burke.
          If anyone is on the fence they may want to check out the link again. You may be surprised!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Kin is such a good story.
            Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            I didn't even hear about Stage Whispers being available until seeing on this thread it was sold out already! Oh well, I wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway, lol. Would be a great to get my hands on it though.

I did get a copy of Nemesis though since the price wasn't too high. I likely woulda got it if it were more expensive, but woulda been harder to justify, lol.

This will be high on my list of books to read next. My next attempted read will be the ARC I won through Librarything (if I don't find myself interested I won't force myself to finish it like I did with a recent novella) and then it was likely going to be Kin. Now I may have to make it Nemesis instead and put Kin off a little while. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                Tsk, tsk. Jan, after all we've been through, do you REALLY think I'd let NEMESIS be released without an affordable edition?

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy.

Jan
                Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                  If anyone is on the fence they may want to check out the link again. You may be surprised!
                  lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.
                  Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Yeah, the BOTM offer is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Kin is such a good story.
                      Thanks Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.
                        Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy.

Jan
                          That's terrific Jan! THE TURTLE BOY has always been tough to find at a reasonable price!

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post
                            lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.
                            I don't think he's using the post office at all. I think he's using a teleportation device.

Comment

Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.
                                Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                                Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Comment

Working...
                                X