Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: THE TURTLE BOY and other tales of Timmy Quinn

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I didn't even hear about Stage Whispers being available until seeing on this thread it was sold out already! Oh well, I wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway, lol. Would be a great to get my hands on it though.

I did get a copy of Nemesis though since the price wasn't too high. I likely woulda got it if it were more expensive, but woulda been harder to justify, lol.

This will be high on my list of books to read next. My next attempted read will be the ARC I won through Librarything (if I don't find myself interested I won't force myself to finish it like I did with a recent novella) and then it was likely going to be Kin. Now I may have to make it Nemesis instead and put Kin off a little while. Decisions, decisions...
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Martin: That's great news! Glad you were able to snag a copy. When Paul emailed me to tell me the books were in stock, STAGE WHISPERS was already gone, so I couldn't even give people a heads up about it.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of both books, RJK, and thanks a million for picking them up!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    Looks like the limited is available for pre-order:

http://thunderstormbooks.com/burke.php

$35.00 plus shipping seems like a very sweet deal. Best of luck with the sales Mr. Burke.
    If anyone is on the fence they may want to check out the link again. You may be surprised!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Kin is such a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    I didn't even hear about Stage Whispers being available until seeing on this thread it was sold out already! Oh well, I wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway, lol. Would be a great to get my hands on it though.

I did get a copy of Nemesis though since the price wasn't too high. I likely woulda got it if it were more expensive, but woulda been harder to justify, lol.

This will be high on my list of books to read next. My next attempted read will be the ARC I won through Librarything (if I don't find myself interested I won't force myself to finish it like I did with a recent novella) and then it was likely going to be Kin. Now I may have to make it Nemesis instead and put Kin off a little while. Decisions, decisions...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed JDar.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Tsk, tsk. Jan, after all we've been through, do you REALLY think I'd let NEMESIS be released without an affordable edition?

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy.

Jan
    Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed JDar.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    If anyone is on the fence they may want to check out the link again. You may be surprised!
    lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.
    Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Yeah, the BOTM offer is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Kin is such a good story.
    Thanks Martin!

Well I received my copy of Nemesis, having the book in hand three days after placing the initial order is a record for me. It will be a few weeks before I am able to begin reading it. I should have a copy of Stage Whispers soon as well. Now I have to decide if I am going to read Nemesis or read the entire saga as a single story.
    Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Quote Originally Posted by JDar. View Post

This brought back memories of another GREAT series, POISONING EROS. For years I "bugged" Wrath James White and Monica J. O'Rourke to complete their sequel. It finally was released as a deluxe limited edition that I could not afford . . . . by the time I realized that there were no plans for a PB, the HC was sold out. (Thanks to Tom & Billie Moran/Sideshow Press for finding a copy for me. )

Talk about luck and GREAT timing, I found a new/unread copy of THE TURTLE BOY for a nice price. So now I plan to read the four main stories back-to-back. I'm anxious to go swimming again.

. . . . looks like it's curtains for Timmy.

Jan
    That's terrific Jan! THE TURTLE BOY has always been tough to find at a reasonable price!

Quote Originally Posted by JDar. View Post
    lol I found the BOTM discount on Saturday when I sent Paul a Thank You note. Would you believe 2 days to go from AZ to MI using media mail? I ordered NEMESIS and two other books early Thursday, Paul had them packed and at the PO that afternoon.

Talk about customer service. Thanks again Paul.
    I don't think he's using the post office at all. I think he's using a teleportation device.

Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.
    Spoiler!

I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.
    Martin: If you're up for it, I'd suggest reading the whole series back to back. All but NEMESIS are fairly short, so you could probably knock them out in a day or so, but in my opinion it enhances the experience. NEMESIS ties them all up and references a lot of events from the previous books (particularly The Turtle Boy, Vessels, and Peregrine's Tale.)

Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Yeah, BOTM is pretty cool. I already had my copy ordered before seeing that pop up, but I can't do the BOTM anyway so it's ok.
    Yeah, it's a cool idea, but much like CD's own book club, it's something that's likely to only appeal to die-hard fans of the press.

I am going to do that. I read the other tales out of sequence starting with The Hides back when it first came out. I need to finish this story right and read it from beginning to end.
    Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

And for a bit of insight into the creation of the books, Blu Gilliand is running a series of in-depth interviews with me about each one. You can read the first three at the following links:

THE TURTLE BOY
    THE HIDES
    VESSELS

Yeah, it's a cool idea, but much like CD's own book club, it's something that's likely to only appeal to die-hard fans of the press.
    Well if I was able to afford it I would likely do their book of the month club as a lot of their books look very good and I'd only need to purchase one book in each month at a discount. If I had the money for it I'd probably e-mail Paul and ask if there was any way I could get that discount on the book since the BOTM stuff appeared the day after I bought Nemesis. Given their customer service I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do something to help me out.
    Spoiler!

I wouldn't either!